- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This detached bungalow is in an enviable position in the thriving Cornish village of Tywardreath, set on a hill with fabulous views across the landscape towards St. Austell Bay. From the private deck in the pretty cottage garden at the rear, there are magnificent distant sea views of the sun sparkling on the water. This Cornwall cottage offers ideal family accommodation, in a quiet residential cul-de-sac with no passing traffic and an enclosed rear garden. The interior of this Cornwall cottage is comfortably furnished, with a sitting room and dining area, a fully fitted modern kitchen, and two double bedrooms plus a family bathroom. The village is a short stroll from this Cornwall cottage, with cosy pubs and shops selling some local produce. Par Sands is less than a mile from this cottage in Cornwall and can be reached either by car or on foot across the fields. It is a large safe and sandy beach, and the walk to Polkerris Beach from here is fabulous, while for the more dedicated walker, the continuation of the walk around Gribbin Head and on into Fowey passes some spectacular coastline and wonderful secluded coves and beaches. The famous Eden Project is just 3 miles away. An excellent Cornwall cottage base for a traditional family holiday.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
Gas central heating with gas fire. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV, DVD, CD. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car with additional roadside parking. Sunny enclosed lawned rear garden with decking, furniture and BBQ with views over the house to the sea. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Note: The cottage is built on a steeply sloping plot with 20 steps up from the road and exposed drops in both back and front gardens.
- Last minute
- “Brilliant For Dog Lovers.”
- “Lovely bungalow with panoramic view over village (up many steps). Dog friendly beach of Par nearby so mornings & evenings catered for with free parking. Dunes and large lake behind sandy beach and Dawn French for company! Perfect for Eden, Heligan, Fowey & Mevagissy, etc. Dogs on leads allowed all year now. Beautiful scenery everywhere. Take your camera!”
- “A great break”
- “The property is situated in a sleepy village and perched in a great position to enjoy commanding views across the valley and beyond to St austel Bay. The accomodation is clean and comfortable. As a dog owner the rear garden whilst steep is enclosed and safe. A deck built at the top of the garden is a great place to enjoy a glass, read abook and take in the beautiful landscape.”
- “Everything you need for a truly relaxing break.”
- “This property provided us with everything and more to make our stay truly memorable. The views from the bungalow are fantastic, regardless of the weather. The garden is an added bonus enjoyed by both us and the dog. The location is brilliant, with many of Cornwall's attractions nearby, and best of all, as far as the dog was concerned, Par Beach is a 10 minute walk away, the dog loved the freedom and the many coastal walks. We are regular visitors to Cornwall but it was our first time at Tywardreath - and we loved it - the village is warm and welcoming. Will hopefully be planning a return visit.”
- “Easter Vacation”
- “We had a lovely holiday in April, the weather was brilliant and the accommodation perfectly located in walking distance of a dog friendly beach. The bungalow was very clean and comfortable with a safe garden for the dogs. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it.”
- “Great location, comfortable stay”
- “We loved Sunnyvista in Tywardreath. We needed somewhere near St austell as we were househunting and this was in such a good location for us. A short drive to St austell and Clay Country, walkable to the beach with the dog, and close to the village amenities of Tywardreath. The bungalow itself was perfectly adequate for our stay, or indeed, a much longer one and the owners were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us. We even had WiFi”
- “The garden was lovely. The decking provided distant sea views which was very nice.”
- “Great location in a very comfortable bungalow with a fantastic view from the front windows. In a very quiet cul-de-sac only a 5 minute walk to the pub shop and takeaway. The property had everything we needed for a relaxing week away.”
- “A nice place to stay, with great views from the kitchen and lounge. It felt very homely and it was nice to come home to the heating after the chilly days.”
- “The bungalow was very clean, comfortable and well decorated. A lot of attention had been given to making us feel welcome and providing information about the area. The garden was secure for our dogs and we were able to relax. As a base for exploring the area it was ideal.”
- “This bungalow was perfectly located for us as we have dogs and the closest beach was dog friendly. The bungalow was immaculate with so much information/books, DVDs and games - I would defy anyone not to find something to do at anytime of year. The garden was well kept and secure. The village people were so friendly, everyone made us feel welcome from the corner shop to the local pub, we really felt like it was a home away from home.”
- “Great location and warm welcome from owner with welcome pack, very clean and spacious, would recommend.”
- “Situated in a lovely village. Great pub and superb butchers within walking distance. Good beaches a short drive away. Views from bungalow, in particular the garden decking were stunning. Owner was friendly and helpful.”
About the location
Fowey 3.3 miles; St Austell 6.3 miles.
The pretty, historic Cornish village of Tywardreath, meaning ‘The House on the Strand’, lies in the heart of Daphne du Maurier country and features in her book of the same name. St Andrew’s, the village church, is said to have the best peal of bells in the area, while the village has a lively community, centred round its excellent pubs and range of shops. There are several safe, sandy beaches close to the village, with a variety of watersports and leisure activities available. Par, a small, china clay port with a sandy beach is a twenty-minute walk from the village, home to a main line railway station. Polkerris Beach, a 40-minute walk or a 5-minute drive away, has a beachside restaurant, pub and watersports centre. The attractive waterside village of Fowey is just three miles away, from where there are some dramatic cliff walks to Gribbin Head, passing through much of du Maurier’s familiar landscape. There are many family attractions in the area, including Mevagissey and Charlestown harbours, the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan. Tywardreath is a village that will appeal to families and those keen to explore the rich heritage and gorgeous coastline of South Cornwall.