“Warm and cosy cottage, rated by you ...”Warm and cosy cottage, rated by you as 4 would put it at a 3 overall. Bathroom in need of some updating and kitchen adequate but in need of some tlc. Location excellent.
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Set in the heart of Newlyn opposite the art gallery and a few paces from the beach, this quaint one-time fisherman's cottage in Newlyn is furnished with a nautical theme, complete with a telescope in the main bedroom looking out to sea.
From this Newlyn cottage there is a clear view of St Michael's Mount rising up from the bay providing a picturesque seascape that has captured the imagination of many of the famous Newlyn artists.
The cosy Newlyn cottage accommodation includes a sitting room with feature fireplace, leading through sliding doors to the dining room.
There are two double bedrooms in this Newlyn cottage, each with some interesting paintings, and there is a good library of books and guides.
From this Newlyn cottage, enjoy a stroll around the harbour, visit the art galleries, enjoy the beaches of Mounts Bay or take a short drive to St Ives or Land's End.
A perfect Newlyn cottage for an enjoyable Cornish holiday.
Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area. Dining room. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Night storage heaters with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV, DVD, radio, CD player, books/DVDs/games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Unrestricted parking outside property Oct-Apr (May-Sep, 6pm-9am only)
- Seven free parking spaces 60 yards away on first come, first served basis, at end of terrace on the sea front
- Pay and display public car park 100 yards away charged by the hour, or £5 per day
- Free overnight parking available on Art Gallery forecourt opposite property Private enclosed courtyard with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Check in time 4pm.
About the location
Penzance 1 mile.
Nestled next to Penzance, and although still a quaint village in its own right, Newlyn is actually the third largest fishing port in England, and an important Port of Refuge for all sea baring craft. It is unusual in that visitors can still watch the landing and auctioning of fish at the market, as many families have for centuries before. This Cornish village is clustered around the harbour, with its historic 800 year old quay (the Mayflower actually left for America from this quay, not Plymouth) curling around a few small boats on the western side. Famous for the Newlyn school of Art and Newlyn Copper, the Cornwall Coastal Path passes through the village, as does the level Mousehole to Marazion cycle path. An abundance of wildlife and flora can be enjoyed along both, with basking sharks, dolphins and grey seals often seen. The Cornish coast is renowned for surfing, and Penwith offers some splendid beaches on which to enjoy this sport as well as surf fishing for sea bass. Mounts Bay also offers a wealth of opportunity for watersports enthusiasts as well as giving visitors an opportunity to relax and unwind in beautiful surroundings.