- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A comfortable single-storey, timber-clad, period detached barn conversion, one of two on site and situated within the grounds of the owner's thatched cottage, in the picturesque Wiltshire village of Urchfont, just five miles from Devizes.
This cosy Urchfont cottage provides couples with a superb romantic retreat.
The characterful open plan living area at this Wiltshire cottage boasts a wealth of exposed beams with a charming sitting and dining area leading into a small, but well-equipped kitchen.
The beamed double bedroom is off the living area and completing the accommodation at this Urchfont cottage is a shower room.
To the rear of this Urchfont cottage there is a private patio with a shared lawned area beyond, a perfect place to relax whilst planning the day's adventures.
Take the short stroll from this Wiltshire holiday home around the village where you can feed the ducks on the pond, shop in the friendly community store or sample real ale in the pub.
Alternatively take one of the well-signed footpaths which criss-cross the surrounding countryside.
Nearby, the beautifully restored Kennet and Avon Canal winds its way through the Vale of Pewsey towards Devizes before it drops down to the magnificent Caen Hill flight of locks, one of the highest in the country.
Within driving distance from your Urchfont holiday home you can marvel at ancient Stonehenge, the regal cities of Bath and Salisbury, or the magnificent house, gardens and safari park at Longleat.
This Urchfont cottage offers couples a delightfully snug holiday hideaway in a most fascinating and interesting part of the country.
Note: This cottage is adjacent to Ref.
25806, together they sleep 6.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Electric wall convector heater and storage radiator. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, shared use of freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer by arrangement with owner, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Undercover bike storage. Patio with furniture, shared lawned area. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk. Note: Mobile phone signal is intermittent.
Note: From 5th January 2016, this property will have a Friday changeover day.
- Last minute
- “This cottage was lovely exactly what I was looking for. Stayed with my 2 dogs on my own, the owner was kind and helpful but, also left me to it wasn't nosey etc. I felt I was pretty central to most sites with Devizes 10min drive away for amenities. It was clean and I arrived to fresh milk and home made cookies waiting for me very nice touch. I did visit in Dec so it was a little chilly but, really enjoyed my stay. If I were to visit Wiltshire again I would defo stay here. I have advised others to visit. Wiltshire was also a lovely place and kept me very busy. Thumbs up 5* all round. :)”
- “Homely and comfortable.”
- “The owners are friendly, helpful and very obliging. The house is a delightful barn conversion, tastefully done and decorated to compliment the building. We have told all our friends about it. We booked before leaving and are returning next year. The location is ideally central for sightseeing Wiltshire.”
- “Cosy cottage”
- “A delightful,cosy cottage. Very well furnished and equipped. Excellent location with pub and local shop nearby. A country retreat. Owners very friendly and helpful.”
- “Very charming, cosy, beautifully furnished, well-equipped cottage in a pretty village. Perfect for someone who does not have a car and wants to get away from everything and just relax. Lovely countryside walks/runs- the walk into Devizes is particularly nice and the owners were very helpful with suggestions. Highly recommended.”
- “A quiet, peaceful location alive with bird song. Had a decent pub 400 yards away.”
- “The owners were great hosts and always helpful. The cottage was comfortable and ideally placed to enable us to visit the local towns and attractions. The weather was fairly good and helped us enjoy a great week in Wiltshire.”
- “The cottage was comfortable and warm for a winter break. The bed was extremely comfy with very good quality bed linen. Devizes is an interesting market town with ample parking, we enjoyed various walks and frequented a range of the cafés in the town. The canal offered lovely walks to pubs in both directions for lunch. We had a really good week's holiday.”
- “A lovely warm place with lovely people, would definitely visit again. Thanks for everything.”
- “Lovely area - very nice village - some good walking and central for most things. Nice pub in the village within walking distance - basic food and reasonable. The Pottery was cosy and warm, especially with the extra convector heater. Nice to have washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer even though they were in the barn adjacent.”
- “Very friendly hosts, willing to offer advice if we wanted it. Very nice, quiet and cosy property, ideal for a romantic and relaxing break. Would love to go back in the future.”
- “The owners were very friendly and helpful. The village is a lovely place to stay and it was convenient for all the places we wished to visit. A good WiFi connection. A small but almost perfectly formed house.”
- “We liked The Pottery. It was very enjoyable, we loved the village and the whole place was very relaxed. We would consider going again.”
- “The cottage had been very attractively converted. It was extremely quiet, the village and situation were very pretty and the owners were very helpful and pleasant. The surrounding area offered fabulous walks and plenty of interesting places to visit.”
- “I love it!”
- “Fantastic time in this cosy cottage, everything we needed was here. Warm and snug despite being February. A warm welcome given by the owners. Will return.”
About the location
Devizes 5 miles.
The picturesque Wiltshire village of Urchfont lies at the south west end of the Vale of Pewsey, north of the Salisbury Plain, five miles from the historic market town of Devizes. Urchfont is dominated by an attractive pond, where you will be greeted by all kinds of water fowl, plus a lively and well-stocked community run shop and a pub serving real ales and good food can also be found in the village, and an annual scarecrow festival, with up to 50 scarecrows on display is held in early May. The local area is rich in ancient history with the stone circles of Stonehenge and Avebury both an easy drive, or take a trip through the nearby Vale of Pewsey, dotted with pretty villages and boasting two white horses carved into the chalk down land. The market town of Devizes is famous for its brewery and the Kennet and Avon canal. A boat trip along the canal is a must, from where you can marvel at the Caen Hill staircase of locks, one of the largest in the country. The area has so much to offer visitors at any time of the year.