- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Peasedown 1 mile.
This smart apartment above the owners' cottage is a mile from Peasedown, a large village south west of Bath, and has spectacular views over the surrounding rural landscape.
Neat and compact and furnished to a high standard, this Bath self-catering apartment would suit a couple wanting to explore the nearby city but preferring a rural retreat to relax in after a day spent sightseeing.
The sitting room has a sofa bed suitable for a child, as well as two massage chairs, perfect for tired muscles after a day spent exploring.
There are far-reaching views from the light and airy sitting room of this apartment near Bath, where the scene changes according to the seasons and weather.
Outside this Peasedown apartment there is a private garden with a lawn, shared with two friendly free-range bantams, where you can sit with a refreshing drink and plan the next day's activities.
There are some fabulous walks in the area south of Bath and some interesting village pubs at Combe Hay, Wellow and Midford, all serving delicious, well-prepared food and local Somerset ales and ciders.
Bath has a huge variety of attractions to see, especially the hot natural springs of the Roman Baths and the Thermae Bath Spa with state-of-the-art spa facilities, whilst just a short drive will bring you to numerous attractions including Longleat Safari Park, Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole caves and Stonehenge.
This welcoming Bath self-catering apartment makes a relaxing rural base close to this stunning city.
All first floor. One double bedroom with TV. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with small dining area. Sitting room with sofa bed.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed front garden with lawn and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Steep steps to the approach of the property, therefore making it unsuitable for those with mobility problems.
- Last minute
- “Lovely place to stay”
- “From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The flat has wonderful views over a valley , is very nicely furnished and a garden to sit out in . It is in a quiet location but only less than 5 min drive from village shops . We would definitely stay again . Everything about the place was good no negatives at all.”
- “We loved our stay here and it was everything that was described. Our landlord was just fantastic and accomodated us just great seeing as we got here really late on our first night. The countryside was picturesque with rolling hills and wildlife everywhere. Close to everything in the area and apartment was well stocked with everything you need. Would recommend to anyone and would stay here again if we are ever in the UK again.”
- “Quiet, Romantic Hideaway. Central to many great attaractions.”
- “The Holiday accommodation was beautiful, very well equipped. The owner lives downstairs so is easy to reach if needed. A short distance away, Peasedown St John has many facilities and great roads to easily travel to Bath and the many great attractions in North east Somerset. We would recommend it unreservedly”
- “Breathtaking view”
- “One of the best holiday rentals we've stayed in. Beautifully decorated, toasty warm and very well equipped. The owner is lovely, very welcoming and the location is excellent for visiting Bath and Bristol. We would defiantly book again if when in the area. The parking is a bit difficult as the property is on a steep hill but this is forgotten as soon as you spot the view from the lounge window.”
- “Beautiful cottage very, very close to Bath & an excellent base f”
- “The cottage was really superb, with a stunning view. The cottage is hidden away down a very small country lane but, in reality it is only 10 minutes away from one of the Bath Park and Ride sites (do not take your car into Bath!!). The kitchen in the cottage is not particularly large but the facilies provided are excellent. The cottage was exceptionally clean but still felt very "homely" & totally peaceful. The staircase is advertised as being steep but this is not as steep as I thought it would be & did not trouble myself or my wife. It is in an excellent location for touring Somerset and its adjoining counties.”
- “Perfect getaway cottage for one or two - everything you need”
- “Firstly, the owner was very flexible with my arrival time, considering I'd booked only that morning! It was raining and late when I arrived by car in the small village of Peasedown St John. I received a phonecall from the owner who helped me find the location - it was a bit tricky to find as my GPS couldn't locate it exactly. We established I'd gone a little too far down the lane and Ruth volunteered to come down in her car. She's so friendly and hospitable and I appreciated her coming to get me! I was ready for a retreat experience having traveled around for a few months, and that was exactly what I found. The place is cosy in size and with good heating; it has nice contemporary/farm decor with attractive little features; tv in the lounge and bedroom with a DVD player & a few movies, which I watched; a writing desk and awesome massage loungers! Loved the kitchen. I never used the dishwasher or freezer, but fridge and washer/dryer were perfect for my needs (and I had a lot of washing!). Powder was provided as was milk, tea and coffee. Great to have iron and ironing board too. Bed was oh-so-cosy. Sigh. Just remembering the snuggly bed... I loved that there was a wardrobe and drawers to put my stuff away in...even a jewellery box! The holland blind in the bedroom was a bit dickie as far as getting that up and down. I appreciated the automatic lighting in the bathroom, and all the provided towels. So the view. Early in the morning with a nice sunrise over the hills below, then sunset at night showed different colours in the landscape. I could easily have sat and looked at the view for a while each day. There are houses a little distance either side, so do be prepared to see someone...although only every now and then! I spent a fair bit of time traveling around the local countryside and used the cottage as a base. Ruth has a good welcome folder of local attractions, and has even written some good - and not so good - restaurants and pubs to go to. I found this quite handy having not known anything about the area. It's 40 minutes to most of the sites like Stonehenge and Salisbury cathedral. Also I visited Cirencester in an hour and Bath of course is only 20 mins away by car. There's a bus stop at the top of the lane on the main road and takes 5 minutes to walk down to the cottage, and I recommend using the bus as it can be a nuisance finding a carpark in Bath. I recommend going to the Fox and Badger in Wellow. It's not far from Peasedown - only 15-20 mins drive - and an old pub with character and a well traveled and friendly proprietor called Eric. Overall, an excellent stay and I would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a quiet getaway, not too far from most tourist sites.”
- “It was very lovely and very quiet. The owner was also very friendly. I loved the county scenery.”
- “Absolutely brilliant place and amazing use of a small space.”
- “Loved our week away here. It is a lovely peaceful place with wonderful views and really convenient for Bath, Wells, Glastonbury and many tourist attractions. The décor and cleanliness to a very high standard, and the owner was so helpful and friendly.”
- “Beautiful area and well placed for a variety of activities. The owner was incredibly thoughtful and kind, we'll definitely be going back.”
- “The owner was very welcoming and the property was well equipped and very calm.”
- “The cottage was very well equipped and comfortable. We had everything we needed. The location was perfect for what we wanted to do and see. We would stay at the cottage again if we wanted to stay in the area.”
- “A fantastic base to explore Bath, Somerset and the surrounding area. The apartment felt very welcoming and homely. Especially with the two friendly bantams. The location of the cottage was fantastically peaceful and the view across the valley was amazing from dawn until sunset.”
- “Well equipped, comfortable and warm with wonderful views. The owner very helpful and caring. Dora the hen almost human. The village has all necessary services but the exceptional views are the best aspect of the location.”
- “The cottage was lovely and cosy. Decorated nicely and well equipped with more than we needed. Views are amazing.”
About the location
PEASEDOWN ST JOHN
Bath 6.3 miles.
Peasedown St John lies on one of the hills surrounding Bath, a thriving community with a good selection of shops and pubs and about 6 miles from the centre of Bath. There are some fabulous walks in this area, including the Limestone Link long distance walk linking the limestone of the Cotswolds to that of the Mendip Hills, and passing through the valleys and villages south of Bath. Near Peasedown there are some pretty river valleys: along the length of the Wellow Brook are the remains of the Somerset Coal Canal, used in the coal mining industry around Peasedown up to the 1950s. Six miles away is the beautiful city of Bath and no matter what time of year you visit, there is something for everyone including the stunning architecture of its Georgian terraces, music festivals galore, the Christmas markets, the Roman Baths, plenty of specialist shops and of course the Thermae Bath Spa, Britain’s only natural spa where you can indulge yourself under a starlit sky.