- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming semi-detached barn conversion set in the grounds of the owners' home in the pretty Worcestershire village of Bretforton, which boasts a traditional village pub.
Offering many original features and oozing character and charm, this Worcestershire cottage is ideal for family and friends to spend time together in a beautiful part of the country.
This delightful Worcestershire cottage offers three spacious bedrooms, a country style-fitted kitchen with dining area, a further dining area in the conservatory with views over the private garden and a sitting room with electric-fired woodburning stove.
Outside, the private enclosed gravelled garden provides the perfect place to relax and enjoy the delights of alfresco dining.
Guests can also enjoy ball games and picnics in the owners' streamside paddock, from where many walks and cycle rides can be enjoyed.
The ancient village of Bretforton boasts many timbered and thatched cottages, whilst just 4 miles away is the quintessential English village of Broadway.
Also close by is Evesham, Stow-on-the-Wold, Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon.
A great holiday destination at any time of year.
Note: This cottage is next to Ref.
21369 and across the road from Ref.
919647, together they sleep 13.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Conservatory with dining area. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect stove.
- Gas central heating with electric stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed gravelled garden with furniture and BBQ
- Paddock for ball games
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Community village shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There is a fenced stream next to the paddock, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: Cheltenham Festival week commencing 11th March 2016 charged at £529.
- Last minute
- “Excellent, high standard & everything that you need.”
- “We had a holiday at lavender cottage. First class cottage with top facilities. Very clean and comfy beds. Lovely welcoming owners. They helped us out with suggestions of where to go on a rainy day. We stayed with two teenagers and a two year old and a dog. Would definitely stay there again.”
- “We stayed with our son, his wife and our grandchild. It was the best self catering cottage we have ever stayed in. Relaxing (no outside noise) and with enough room to spread out a bit. The hosts were very welcoming and helpful and kind during our stay. When arriving you need to look for the hosts house - the entrance to this and another rental property is through a double gate to the left (you won't see them until the electric gate has been opened. This security provides a very safe and secure area for young families with children. Managed to get a home delivery from Tesco and also two take away meals. Otherwise there is a community shop in the village and several supermarkets in Evesham - 10 minutes drive away.”
- “Wonderful cottage, beautifully presented”
- “A gorgeous cottage, decorated and presented to an incredibly high standard with a lovely welcome pack of groceries. A credit to the owners who were friendly and welcoming. Paddock for dog walks. Internet. Ideally situated in a quiet area for exploring the Cotswolds. The best cottage we have ever stayed in, and we've stayed in a lot.”
- “The ideal place to relax”
- “A most enjoyable stay. My daughter and son in law, plus dog, asked us to join them on what was a super place to unwind. We had been under some stress and this was the ideal holiday to unwind. The cottage is all you could wish for - clean- well appointed - spacious - and the welcome starter pack of bread, butter, milk, wine and CAKE!!! was extremely welcome. An ideal place to visit Bourton on the Water, Evesham, Broadway etc. The owners made us so welcome one felt not so much as a guest, but friend. We hope to be able to go back next year.”
- “Ticks all the boxes”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our first stay at Lavender cottage - it is spotlessly clean, spacious,and very comfortable.The owners home adjoins the cottage and they are both very friendly and helpful. Parking is easy and secure and despite the cottage being near to a main road it Is surprisingly quiet when sitting in the garden. It's a great base for exploring the Cotswolds or the Malvern Hills which themselves are less than 30 miles away. We escape to the Cotswolds at least twice a year and this cottage is most definitely one that we will return to again. Ps this cottage is obviously very popular so if it is unavailable there is a smaller cottage next door.”
- “A gem in the Cotswolds!”
- “A wonderful spot to explore the Cotswolds with four good friends and a dog. We found Lavender Cottage to be a lovely appointed cottage and we used all the spaces from the lovely garden to conservatory as well as the three bedroom house. Jenny and Martin made us feel so welcome and greeted us with a very special welcome pack far above all others ever received. Our week flew by as we walked the beautiful surrounding area.”
- “Beautifully furnished pet friendly cottage in unspoilt Cotswold”
- “The owners really have gone out of their way to make this cottage a home from home. It was immaculate throughout and was finished to a very high standard. There are lovely dog walks in the surrounding areas and there were little extra touches in the cottage for our furry friend - dog chews,poo bags & bowls. There were treats for us too - home made cake, milk, wine etc. We would definitely return !”
- “The Cottage was lovely and finished to a very high standard. It was extremely clean and everything you could need and more were provided. The location was a good base to explore the Cotswolds. All of the family including our dog had a brilliant holiday.”
- “The best holiday cottage we have ever been in, it was comfortable and immaculate. The conservatory was an added bonus, and there was an enclosed paddock for the dog. The surrounding area was everything we wanted.”
- “We had a lovely stay at Lavender Cottage. The Cottage was very well equipped with everything we needed and the location was perfect. We were able to get to Bristol, Warwick, Gloucester and Stratford upon Avon with ease.”
- “Lovely cottage with good quality furnishings and bedding. The friendly, but unobtrusive hosts live within the property grounds. The paddock area for dog walking and the walks leading immediately from the garden are a real plus for dog owners.”
- “A lovely Cottage with beautiful décor and everything was spotless. The owners live nearby and were extremely friendly.”
- “The cottage was perfect. Everything we needed was provided. It was scrupulously clean and was safe and secure. The owners lived adjacent to the cottage and without being intrusive they were on hand to offer advice on the area. The décor was lovely and very tasteful. We wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend the cottage to family and friends.”
- “A first class week in excellent accommodation.”
- “We had everything we needed. It was a very comfortable property. The high quality bedding was much appreciated, as was the welcome pack. The privacy of the location was an added bonus.”
- “Gorgeous property with an incredibly warm welcome. The best cottage we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in a lot. Had comfortable bedrooms and living space and was beautifully decorated. A credit to the owners. Ideally situated for touring the Cotswold's.”
- “Fabulous cottage, friendly hosts and a super welcome pack. Had a lovely paddock for our little dog to run around. Excellent overall. Would recommend to family and friends.”
- “This cottage is amazing! Immaculately decorated, extremely comfortable, warm and welcoming. Great amount of space and very well equipped. Very friendly cottage owner. Highly recommended.”
- “Lavender Cottage is a beautiful place, both for its location and its comfort. Whether you want to relax or explore the Cotswolds, its the place to be. I have been here twice and cant wait to book again.”
About the location
Broadway 4 miles; Evesham 5 miles.
The ancient village of Bretforton lies in the Vale of Evesham amid beautiful Worcestershire countryside. This charming village boasts its own Community village shop and a 600-year old village inn, owned by the National Trust, which hosts many music, folk, food and drink festivals throughout the year. The village of Badsey is 1.5 miles away and has a well-stocked shop, Post Office and butcher, plus just 4 miles away the quintessential English village of Broadway offers individual shops and boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and hotels. The world-renowned Lygon Arms has been popular for centuries and now offers spa facilities that can be enjoyed at pre-arranged times. The surrounding countryside is famous for its fruit growing and market gardening, and Bretforton is a great base for exploring the many unspoilt Cotswold towns and villages, as well as the Cheltenham Spa with its Gold Cup Festival or Worcester with its magnificent cathedral. The birthplace of William Shakespeare, Stratford-upon-Avon, is just a short drive away and offers many historic buildings, theatre and the River Avon. The area has an abundance of National Trust properties, museums, lovely walks and cycle trails, making this a great place for a relaxing holiday at any time of year.