- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
A detached, timber-built, single-storey Scandinavian lodge, an ideal Cotswolds cottage, on the peaceful southern side of the larger Cotswold Water Park, 4 miles from Cirencester.
This delightful Cotswolds cottage is furnished to the highest standard, and offers homely accommodation, including spacious, comfortable bedrooms, and a light and airy living area overlooking the lake, with doors out to a veranda with BBQ and outdoor furniture, leading to a shared one acre lawn - the perfect place for a picnic or family games.
This outstanding Cotswolds cottage is on a 26 acre site and offers fabulous access to lovely lakeside walks, cycle routes and bridleways in every direction, or, try your hand at boating, water skiing, fishing or golf - all on offer within the 40 square miles of the Cotswold Water Park.
The Cotswold Water Park is a stunning setting for a family holiday whether you wish to relax, enjoy the many sports on offer or visit the beautiful Cotswold towns and villages, just a short drive away.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x 3' bunk beds. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fully fitted modern kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Electric wall heaters. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, stereo/CD. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair available on request. Off road parking for one car. Veranda with gas BBQ and outdoor dining area. Shared use of 1 acre lawn. Activities on Cotswold Water Park are available at extra charge and need to be booked in advance with the individual park offering the activity. Two well-behaved pets welcome, at a charge of £25 per pet, per booking. Sorry, no smoking. Shops 1.2 miles, pub 1 mile. On-site cafe with free internet access (open 7am until 5pm). Note: On-site fishing available at an additional cost to guests at Kingfisher. Note: Although the lodge is fully wheelchair accessible there are no other specific features in the lodge for people with mobility issues. Note: Short Breaks and non-standard bookings must start on a Monday or Friday only.
Note: Short Breaks and non-standard bookings must start on a Monday or Friday only.
- Last minute
- “One word- Brilliant”
- “We had such a lovely stay here. It is situations in such a lovely area, looking out on to the lake, with geese, ducks and rabbits as visitors :) So relaxing and peaceful. The outdoor Bbq we used for every meal and eat outside which so lovely, especially in Britain, but then again the weather was good. The cabin we also loved, spacious and had everything we needed. Brilliant that it is dog friendly too. Unfortunately our dog passed away while we were here :( So it's a bitter sweet time for us. But we loved our time here and will definitely be back! Recommend whole heartedly for a quiet relaxing break.”
- “A little piece of heaven on earth!”
- “What a brilliant location! Weather was wonderful, which did help. We actually eat every meal, including breakfast out on the terrace during our stay - we didn't sit at the dinning table nor was the oven used!! the BBQ was used all the time. Cabin is wonderfully spacious - it would have been handy to have a second bathroom with 6 of us - and I'm sure the layout could be changed to include this in the future. Only suggestion I would have is to introduce recycling bins on site - there was no bins for glass/paper etc. Have already recommended location to friends who have booked for Easter 2012!”
- “A very good first experience!”
- “A really good introduction to a holiday lodge. Our problem was that we were ladies in amongst fishermen--a slight change in location would have made this a 5 star holiday!”
- “The outlook from the veranda (lake, herons, wildlife) was lovely and with little ambient light at night, the stars were beautiful. The lodge was well located to access the amenities of the Water Park and surrounding Cotswold area. The accommodation was very clean, spacious and well maintained. We would go back to this lodge and area again for a short break in the future.”
About the location
LAKE POCHARD, COTSWOLD WATER PARK
Cirencester 4 miles.
Lake Pochard nestles in the quiet and calm southern section of The Cotswold Water Park, situated in the heart of the Cotswolds. The Cotswold Water Park is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, covering 40 square miles and made up of over 130 lakes surrounded by picturesque Cotswold villages, historic market towns and an area of water larger than the Norfolk broads. The Cotswold Water Park is Britain's largest water park, and offers a wide range of activities including boating, water-skiing, fishing, cycling, walking, golf and horse riding. Also on the park can be found tennis courts, a croquet lawn, a children's play area and for nature lovers, the Water Park offers an abundance of bird and animal life on the three nature reserves, which can be observed throughout the year. Open water swimming is available at two of the lakes within the park, while the Lakeside Brasserie and Gym with sauna and spa are well worth a visit. The beautiful Roman town of Cirencester, gateway to The Cotswolds, is just 4 miles away with excellent shopping, restaurants, ancient buildings and museums.