- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bream 1.5 miles. A charming stone-built, detached cottage located in the hamlet of Clements End, close to the ancient village of Bream on the western edge of the magnificent Royal Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire. This traditional cottage in Bream offers welcoming accommodation and a wonderful base for a family and friends. Set over three floors, this Forest of Dean cottage has plenty of space with four lovely bedrooms with the family room offering flexible sleeping arrangements, and the master bedroom comes complete with an en-suite shower room. The ground floor of this Bream cottage boasts character beams throughout with a well-equipped kitchen and a bright dining room with French doors that open out to the rear courtyard. The spacious sitting room offers a warming woodburner set in a traditional stone inglenook, providing the perfect spot to settle with friends and loved ones after an outdoor adventure. Outside this cottage in the Forest of Dean is a rear paved courtyard and a front lawned garden, both enclosed with furniture so that you can enjoy an alfresco meal or simply relax with a book. The thriving village of Bream with its pub, shops, Post Office and sports club, and the market town of Coleford can be found within 2 miles of this Forest of Dean cottage. From the doorstep, numerous walks and cycle trails lead into the extensive woodlands, offering the opportunity to explore the enchanting beauty of this glorious area. Spend a day visiting the historic market towns of Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth, the cathedral city of Gloucester, or why not canoe down the River Wye and take in the magnificent views from Symonds Yat Rock? A wonderful Forest of Dean cottage for a memorable holiday.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin, 1 x second floor family room with 3 singles. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room (seats 8). Sitting room with woodburner.
Gas central heating with woodburner. Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Off road parking for 3 cars on grass verge. Lockable bike/kayak storage. Enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ. Enclosed front lawned garden with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 10 mins walk. Note: Sloping ceiling in family room. Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out 10am.
- Last minute
- “Good place for Family to stay”
- “We stayed at Cornerstone Cottage for a week with our Daughter and family, plenty to do in the area, Caves, walks in the Forest and other villages to visit”
- “lovely cottage”
- “yes, this is a lovely cottage set in beautiful surrounds, we wouldn't hesitate to go back there again - everything you could want in a rural cottage. The only down side to the cottage was the attic bedroom - very cold in the winter and the outside lighting didn't seem to work. If you don't know the area it is also a little difficult to find as the sat nav tries to take you down a small farm track. The nearby Puzzlewood is a very good day out and a must visit.”
- “the location is brilliant, plenty to do locally for all the family cottage suited all our needs and was exactly as stated on the web site good value for money”
- “Quiet cottage with good access to many areas of outstanding natural beauty and interest. Striking distance of Millennium stadium in Cardiff! Very comfortable sitting room for large group, with great wood burning stove.”
- “Location was excellent for walks into the surrounding woodland, and local attractions for the kids such as Clear Well Caves, Puzzle Wood and Perry Grove were a pleasant walk away. Front and back garden were safe for the kids to play - no hazards or worries about them getting out into the road. Overall felt very cosy and homely on a cold Easter break.”
- “Well appointed cottage - warm, comfortable and cosy. It was accurately described on the website.”
- “Cornerstone Cottage is in a great location and is a comfortable place to stay.”
- “Location was good with walks from doorstep.”
- “The area is excellent for all ages, so much to do with local shops and take away`s. Nothing to far away.”
- “The cottage was very comfortable, and well-placed for loads of great family activities. Loved the loft bedroom, and it was great for the older kids as their 'den'. Good wi-fi connectivity. Kitchen was well-equipped. Very friendly and approachable owners. It was very useful to have the high chair and travel cot and towels supplied. Central heating and the wood fire were extremely effective. The lovely decorated Christmas tree and the bread and milk when we arrived were very thoughtful.”
- “Great location, and really comfortable homely cottage. Wonderful. One to return to!”
- “We very much liked the space in the house and spent a most enjoyable weekend with our family. I thought it represented good value for money.”
About the location
Coleford 3 miles; Lydney 4 miles; Monmouth 8 miles; Ross-on-Wye 20 miles.
The pretty village of Bream offers magnificent views of the Royal Forest of Dean to the Cotswold Hills beyond. Clearwell with its ancient caves and eerie caverns and the village of St Briavels with its castle are also close by. The magnificent Royal Forest of Dean, England's largest oak forest, offers numerous trails that can be explored on foot, cycle or horseback. Caving, abseiling and a high wire rope course are for the more adventurous, whilst fishing, golf, kayaking and canoeing are other popular activities in this unspoilt area. Just a short drive away is the historic market town of Ross-on-Wye, with timbered Tudor houses, excellent shops, pubs and restaurants all in the heart of rural Herefordshire. This unspoilt area has something to offer all tastes at any time of the year.