- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming, semi-detached cottage with stunning views, situated on the western edge of the Royal Forest of Dean in the village of English Bicknor.
Furnished throughout to a high standard, this delightful Forest of Dean cottage is full of character and charm, ideal for a family holiday or romantic retreat in an unspoilt part of the country.
This Forest of Dean cottage offers two delightful bedrooms, both boasting original feature fireplaces, and a family bathroom.
There is a kitchen with a dining area and a door to the garden, while the cosy sitting room houses a warming woodburning stove, ideal for chilly autumn evenings.
Outside this Forest of Dean cottage, you will find two rear, decked areas with furniture where you can indulge in a barbecue and marvel at beautiful, far-reaching views.
With lawns surrounding this Forest of Dean cottage, the garden is the perfect place to sit and relax, and take in the sounds of the countryside.
There are many lovely walks and cycle routes to be enjoyed right from the doorstep of this Forest of Dean cottage, or for those who enjoy adrenaline-fuelled activities, try canoeing, abseiling, caving, and the high wire rope course in the forest!
There is also opportunity to fish the Wye or play a round of golf on one of many excellent courses, the nearest being Forest Hills, only 4 miles away.
This Forest of Dean cottage truly is a wonderful family base, ideal for exploring this picturesque part of the country.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Electric central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, Esse solid fuel range, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and fuel for stove and range inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Roadside parking. Lockable bike storage. Front and rear lawned garden. Two decked areas with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “We had a fantastic week and would tell anyone to go as a couple or with family as this cottage covers both easily. This is a great location with a lovely village feel and close to many walks, pubs and sporting activities. Many thanks, we will be back.”
- “A fantastic cottage and garden, beautifully furnished and well equipped, a credit to the owner. We had a great week, there was lots to see and do in the area. We will have to return to continue exploring the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean. I hope we will be able to book this gem again, it's bound to be very popular.”
- “A really nice cottage - one of the best we have enjoyed. The views in particular were spectacular.”
- “Brilliant location and good facilities.”
- “A fantastic weekend away and the cottage was perfect with amazing views.”
- “Everything was spotless and it was so cosy. The cottage was in a beautiful spot with lovely views.”
- “The view was outstanding. The cottage had everything a small family needs and it was like coming home. The cottage is set up to ease your worries about self-catering.”
- “It was all perfect; from the greeting we got when we arrived to when we left. It felt like a home from home, nothing more was needed. I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family.”
- “The cottage is everything we could have asked for, with a log fire and comfortable furniture. It was clean and had well thought out décor with excellent views.”
- “A superb cottage with wonderful views. The service provided by the owners was excellent. Those who come here in the future are in for a real treat.”
- “The cottage was superb in decor, furniture, fittings and the attention to detail. It was cosy, welcoming and charming. The owners made us feel very welcome and right at home. The area and views were stunning. Loads of local walks and places of interest.”
- “This cottage has been refurbished to a very high standard and is a credit to the owners. The photographs on the website do not do it justice. Your every need is catered for when you arrive and everything you need for your stay is available. We cannot rate this cottage high enough. Anybody who decides to stay there will be pleasantly surprised as we were to the overall experience.”
About the location
Symonds Yat Rock 3 miles; Symonds Yat 7 miles; Ross-on-Wye 8 miles; Monmouth 8 miles.
The lovely village of English Bicknor, situated on the westerly edge of the Royal Forest of Dean and lying within the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is one of the ancient villages of the forest, situated at the top of a hill overlooking the valley, and once the site of an ancient motte and bailey castle, the remnants of which can still be seen. The villages of English Bicknor and nearby Symonds Yat are steeped in the history of this fascinating area and offer visitors a vast range of activities and landscapes. The Royal Forest of Dean comprises some 27,000 acres of woodland and provides, through a network of pathways and visitor centres, a chance to explore both its beauty and history. One great attraction is Symonds Yat Rock from which the breathtaking vista takes in the meandering River Wye and the distant hills of Herefordshire and Wales. Close by is the famous Goodrich Castle, a perfect example of a 12th century marcher castle, while just 8 miles away are the historic market towns of Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth. These attractive riverside towns make a great day out, offering a mix of elegant Victorian courtyards and timbered Tudor houses as well as excellent shops, pubs and restaurants to suit every taste. Stroll along the riverbank, take a cruise along the river or view the surrounding countryside from a hot air balloon. Enjoy trips to Chepstow, Tintern, Hay-on-Wye, the Black Mountains, Gloucester, Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. The historic town of Hereford, with its magnificent cathedral housing the Mappa Mundi ancient map of the world, is also well worth a visit.