- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A delightful detached bungalow in the hamlet of Bailey Lane End on the edge of the magnificent Royal Forest of Dean, offering many lovely walks and cycle routes from the doorstep.
Thoughtfully furnished and decorated throughout, this charming Herefordshire holiday cottage provides very comfortable accommodation for families and friends to enjoy a relaxing holiday together.
This single-storey Herefordshire holiday cottage offers two delightful bedrooms, one with an en-suite bathroom, and both offer a magnificent view to the Malvern Hills.
This lovely Herefordshire holiday cottage offers a modern fitted kitchen with dining area, a cosy sitting room with doors to the rear patio and lawned garden where the views and peace and tranquillity of the area can be enjoyed.
There are many activities on offer in the Forest of Dean making this is a perfect place for a relaxing break or activity holiday at any time of year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect stove.
Oil central heating with electric stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD, radio, selection of books, games and DVDs. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Bike and kayak storage. Raised veranda with 4 steps down to lawned garden with furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved dogs welcome (to be kept in hall and kitchen only). Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 2 miles. Note: There are four steps from the parking area to the rear door.
- Last minute
- “A restful, pleasant and enjoyable holiday”
- “The Pines is a well equipped and comfortable cottage with wonderful views. The owners were very welcoming and helpful. We were close to Ross on Wye and the Forest of Dean was literally outside the gate which was perfect for our dog! We spent a very enjoyable day at Symonds Yat which we would all recommend for a visit. We took my elderly parents with us and The Pines was perfect for them as well as it is a bungalow and all on one level. I would recommend this cottage to anyone and cannot think of anything we didn't like, except perhaps for the weather!”
- “A perfect location and cottage.”
- “Very welcoming hosts and a delightful cottage with all the necessities needed to make a holiday complete.”
- “In an excellent location on the edge of the Forest, especially with having two dogs.”
- “We had a lovely, restful holiday in delightful surroundings. We received a lovely welcome and would recommend this property with no hesitation. Hope to return there again.”
- “The party included 2 dogs. Location for both walks and a safe garden are always high on the priority list. This plus a convenient area to wipe them clean before they come indoors makes all the difference to our ability to relax and enjoy ourselves. The Pines scored top marks all round.”
- “Had a lovely week and will probably return.”
- “We had a lovely week at The Pines, it was exactly what we were expecting and what we were looking for. A warm welcome along with some goodies. We will be back to stay here again.”
- “Excellent property, extremely well furnished.”
- “The village edge setting was excellent. A personal welcome from the owners, and I think the incredible view from the garden seating was undersold in the description!”
- “Owners very helpful and welcoming. Nice to have the little welcoming extras - scones and cream, milk, bread, biscuits. Comfortable bungalow and easy to get to places.”
- “The property's position both locally, and for the wider area. Our 'welcome pack' was a very thoughtful touch, much appreciated. The property is well maintained and presented. Also,the weather was excellent, which always helps!”
- “This cottage is a little gem, sitting beside the Forest of Dean with its wonderful walks. We have enjoyed two very refreshing breaks here and hope to come again. The welcome is great and the cottage is warm, very clean and comfortable. Everything we hoped for. We highly recommend it for a peaceful and comfortable get away.”
About the location
BAILEY LANE END
Ross-on-Wye 5 miles.
A tiny scattered hamlet in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Bailey Lane End is situated close to the magnificent Royal Forest of Dean. Bailey Lane End is ideally located between the delightful historic market towns of Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth, whose timbered Tudor buildings, striking 17th century market halls, majestic bridges, excellent shops, pubs and restaurants suit all tastes. Stroll along the banks of the beautiful River Wye, take a river cruise or view the stunning countryside from a hot-air balloon! Explore famous Goodrich Castle, a perfect example of a 12th century "Marcher Castle", or enjoy the renowned walks along Offa's Dyke and the Wye Valley Walk. Visit beautiful Symonds Yat (12 miles) with its towering rocks where peregrine falcons breed, and take the ferry across the river to the Wye Valley Visitors Centre. The Royal Forest of Dean has plenty to offer including cycle trails, Go Ape, a steam railway, Puzzle Wood and Clearwell Caves. Visitors to this area can also enjoy day trips to delightful Hay-on-Wye, the Black Mountains and the scenic Brecon Beacons National Park. Also recommended is a visit to nearby Gloucester with its historic Docks, museums, a tremendous variety of shops and restaurants, antique and craft centres, not forgetting the magnificent cathedral.