17 Customer Review(s)
“Had a fantastic weekend at ...”Had a fantastic weekend at Whitegate, beautiful spacious house and a great little village within walking distance.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Fownhope 1 mile.
A charming detached Herefordshire property set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, one mile from the thriving village of Fownhope, within easy reach of the historic city of Hereford.
Beautifully decorated and furnished, offering many original features as well as modern everyday comforts, this charming cottage is perfect for friends and families to spend time together in a lovely part of the country.
Set in an elevated position with stunning views of the River Wye, this cottage boasts six lovely bedrooms, two bathrooms, a spacious sitting room with open fire, spectacular views and a door to the lawned garden, a traditional dining room with woodburning stove and a farmhouse style kitchen with range cooker.
Also, the games room with table tennis table, comfy seating for 4 and a woodburning stove, is perfect for young and old alike should it be a rainy day!
Outside this superb cottage is a large, enclosed lawned garden, which offers many nooks and crannies for children to enjoy, a table and chairs and a barbecue an ideal place for a delicious meal on a warm evening.
The village of Fownhope offers two lovely pubs, a general store, a butcher's shop, a leisure centre and a monthly farmers' market, whilst on the edge of the village is Capler Hill, and wonderful walks can be enjoyed on the Wye Valley Walk.
Also, canoeing on the River Wye from Lucksall Caravan Site and fishing, can be enjoyed nearby.
There are many interesting places nearby including Hereford and the market towns of Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth, whilst further afield is the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park and the city of Gloucester.
A wonderful holiday home for exploring Herefordshire and the surrounding counties.
Six bedrooms: 3 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request, one with basin), 2 x king-size double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, shower over and basin. Separate WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Dining room with woodburning stove. Sitting room (seats 7) with open fire. Games room (seats 4) with table tennis and woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stoves and open fire
- Electric range cooker, combi-microwave with grill, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, DAB radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter packs for stoves and fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Three travel cots (one for up to 6 months only) and two highchairs
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Lockable bike/kayak storage
- Enclosed lawned terraced garden with patio, furniture, BBQ, climbing frame with swing and children's playhouse
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- External enclosed dog run with kennel available
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- River Wye 2 mins walk
- Note: There are steps and a footpath from car park to front door with 1 parking space available adjacent to back door on same level as house
- Note: Cottage situated next to a B road, some road noise may be heard
- Note: Organic meat, vegetable and dairy box, and catering service available by prior arrangement with owner.
About the location
Hereford 7 miles; Ross-on-Wye 8.5 miles.
Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty the pretty village of Fownhope nestles on the banks of the River Wye surrounded by beautiful Herefordshire countryside. This thriving village boasts two village pubs, village shop, butcher and leisure centre and is very close to The Wye Valley Walk a 136 mile walk which follows the border between England and Wales as well as Herefordshire Trail and Three Choirs Way.. Fownhope hosts a popular monthly farmers market and on the outskirts of the village is Capler Hill, an Iron Age Hill Fort and Marcle Ridge from where uninterrupted views can be enjoyed. Nearby, Hereford with its wonderful 11th century cathedral and famous Mappa Mundi world map is worth a visit as are the riverside towns of Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth with their timbered Tudor buildings, striking 17th century market halls, excellent shops, pubs and restaurants. Enjoy the beautiful countryside by taking a stroll along the banks of the River Wye, a hot-air ballon ride or river cruise! Visitors can also enjoy a day out to charming Hay-on-Wye, the Black Mountains and unspoilt Brecon Beacons National Park as well as the magnificient Royal Forest of Dean which offers activities to suit all tastes.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute