- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A pretty, stone-built 18th century coach house in the grounds of the owners' home, in the quaint village of Goodrich.
Beautifully restored, this superb Herefordshire cottage offers quality accommodation set entirely over the first floor, with outstanding features such as the fabulous original wooden floor, a relaxing veranda, contemporary furnishings, exposed beams and cosy woodburner.
The spacious open plan living area has a high beamed ceiling, offering bright, airy accommodation, whilst the romantic king-size bedroom has the benefit of a luxurious en-suite shower room.
The woodland garden with patio is the perfect place to relax after a day exploring the area's delights; Goodrich Castle is a short walk away, while within easy reach are the market town of Ross-on-Wye, spectacular Symonds Yat, the Black Mountains and the Royal Forest of Dean.
Even better, in the village itself are two friendly pubs serving good food.
A superb Goodrich cottage for a romantic break.
All first floor, reached via stone steps. One super king-size double bedroom (zip & link, can be two singles on request) with en-suite (shower, basin, WC). Spacious open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburner. Utility room.
- LPG central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, stereo/CD, iPod dock, WiFi access (guests must bring own laptops)
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Woodland garden with patio, furniture & BBQ
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & two pubs serving food 10 mins walk
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent in the property
- Note: This property is suitable for babes-in-arms & children 10 years and above only
- Note: The owners' store room is situated beneath Granton Coach House.
About the location
Symonds Yat 1.5 miles; Ross-on-Wye 4 miles.
This lovely, quaint village stands on the banks of the River Wye, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the wonderful Wye Valley, and borders the Royal Forest of Dean. The famous Goodrich Castle is situated within the village, a perfect example of a 12th century “Marcher Castle”. Nestling amidst the village’s picturesque houses are the delightful village hall, friendly shop and two friendly pubs serving good food. Close by, overlooking a large loop in the River Wye, is the historic market town of Ross-on-Wye, in the heart of rural Herefordshire. This attractive town has timbered Tudor houses clustered around the striking 17th century Market Hall, and there are excellent shops, pubs and restaurants to suit every taste. Stroll along the lovely river bank, take a river cruise, or view the surrounding countryside from a hot-air balloon. Enjoy trips to Symonds Yat, Hay-on-Wye, the Black Mountains and the Forest of Dean, while The Cotswolds and Cardiff are less than an hour’s drive away.
This property offers the following short breaks: