- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Wye Rapids Cottages
Two charming mews-style cottages in a stunning position on the banks of the River Wye in the picturesque village of Symonds Yat in the beautiful Wye Valley. With lovely views of the surrounding woodland and Symonds Yat Rock, these two Herefordshire holiday cottages offer ideal accommodation for a romantic break or activity filled holiday. Set over three floors, both of these Herefordshire cottages boast spectacular views from the front of the cottages and offer very comfortable, contemporary accommodation. Both have a rear patio area, perfect for enjoying alfresco dining, or, why not stroll through the 1.5 acres of shared landscaped garden? Take some time to enjoy the nearby attractions and activities, including the pretty riverside town of Ross-on-Wye, majestic Goodrich Castle and the Royal Forest of Dean, which offers numerous walking and cycling routes and high wire rope courses. Canoeing, kayaking and fishing can be enjoyed on the River Wye and the area also offers many festivals throughout the year, National Trust properties, museums and cider and perry tasting.
A charming mews-style, end-terrace cottage set over three floors, with the holiday accommodation on the top two floors above the ground floor garage, making the most of the spectacular views.
This delightful Herefordshire holiday cottage offers two charming bedrooms, a cosy sitting room with woodburner and a well-equipped kitchen.
This Symonds Yat cottage is a wonderful holiday base at any time of year.
Note: The property can be booked with next door Ref.
912225, together they sleep 9.
Over first and second floors. Two second floor bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin with pull-out stacker bed. Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area. First floor sitting room with sofa bed and woodburner.
Electric storage heaters with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 1 car and garage parking for 1 car. Lockable bike storage. Patio with furniture and BBQ. Shared use of 1.5 acres of landscaped gardens with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1 mile, pub 10 mins walk. Note: The pub offers a river ferry which operates until closing time. Note: Approx 20 external steps lead up to the rear door of the property. Note: Max. 5 people.
- Last minute
- “The pictures on the website did not do this property justice. It is on a complex of similar properties with an enviable view over the river valley. The gardens are immaculate and the walks round and about are idyllic. What a lovely spot, really relaxing and highly recommended.”
- “It was spotless and everything was in great condition. Was really impressed by the general standard of the cottage, and was much better than others I have visited. The bedding was of good quality and all of the beds were comfortable. The parking was very easy, and the whole cottage was comfortable and well equipped. Thanks for a great stay!”
- “Cottage was clean, modern and well-equipped. Local amenities are fab, great for dogs and outdoor life. We would book again.”
- “Fantastic location, lovely walks, good choice of places to eat out within walking distance and no need to go out in the car. We were also very lucky with perfect weather.”
- “We loved the Cottage & the welcome of the cream tea was greatly appreciated. The Cottage is ideally located for exploring the Wye Valley and was furnished to an excellent standard. A great place to stay.”
- “The setting is ideal for a walking holiday based around Symonds Yat and the Cottage is probably the best self catering in which we have ever stayed. The icing on the cake was realising that there was a coffee machine the same make as my own which meant that I could take all my favourite coffee pods with me. I would give it 6 stars!”
- “Obviously the location was superb and weather gorgeous. Cottage was an ideal base for exploring and was located in a nice area.”
- “We had a wonderful time the location is lovely especially as my husband is a fisherman. The local pub was very friendly and scenery was perfect.”
About the location
Monmouth 5 miles; Ross-on-Wye 7 miles; Gloucester 23 miles.
The pretty village of Symonds Yat straddles the beautiful River Wye with its natural scenery and magnificent limestone 'rock', popular with climbers and is internationally renowned for its viewpoint. Symonds Yat West is situated overlooking the beautiful Wye Valley, and is close to the magnificent Royal Forest of Dean, England's largest oak forest. This is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offering numerous trails that can be explored on foot, bicycle or horseback. Caving, abseiling and a high wire rope course are on offer for the more adventurous, whilst fishing, golf, kayaking and canoeing are other popular activities in this unspoilt area. Visit the historic town of Monmouth with its mixture of elegant Georgian mansions and Victorian courtyards, or the lovely town of Ross-on-Wye with its timbered Tudor houses and delightful riverside walks, both offering excellent shops, pubs and restaurants. Just a little further afield discover the unspoilt Malvern Hills, Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons National Park. A great area to unwind with family and friends.