- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Pengethley 0.6 miles.
This spacious stone-built, semi-detached barn conversion is situated close to the hamlet of Pengethley, in the beautiful Wye Valley, three miles from Ross-on-Wye and 11 miles from Hereford.
Furnished to a high standard, this charming Herefordshire cottage combines many original features, with exposed stone, vaulted beamed ceilings and wooden floors, along with contemporary furnishings to provide comfortable accommodation for a get-together with family or friends.
This Herefordshire holiday home has five spacious bedrooms, with a family room on the ground floor and the master bedroom has the benefit of an en-suite bathroom.
The seating area on the landing is the perfect place to take in the far reaching views, or why not relax in the spacious sitting room, plus a delightful farmhouse-style kitchen offers dining for 10, perfect for a celebratory dinner or long Sunday lunch.
Outside this Herefordshire holiday cottage are an enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and a paddock, which is a great place for ball games or a picnic on a sunny day.
Within walking distance from this cottage in Herefordshire is the hamlet of Pengethley, where guests can enjoy the local produce of the farm shop and cafe, or a refreshing drink and meal at the hotel.
Just a short distance from Pengethley is the charming riverside market town of Ross-on-Wye, the magnificent Royal Forest of Dean, Goodrich with its 12th century Marcher castle, and there are many lovely walks and cycle routes that can be enjoyed from the doorstep of this Herefordshire cottage.
This Herefordshire cottage provides an unforgettable holiday, at any time of year.
Five bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC), 1 x single (accessed from landing and en-suite king-size bedroom), 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with corner bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner-effect electric fire. Large landing with 2 armchairs. Snug (seats 5) with children's bean bags and a double sofa bed.
Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, payphone, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Off road parking for 4 cars. Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture. Paddock for ball games. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Hotel with bar/restaurant and farm shop/cafe 5 mins walk. Note: There are steps between the ground floor bedroom and the kitchen and there are 2 steps down to the sitting room, therefore this property may not be suitable for those with limited mobility. Note: No hen/stag parties.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful, spacious, modern barn...a wonderful stay”
- “We were here for a 40th birthday and had a fabulous time at this barn, a full house but was not cramped at all...we ended up spending most our time in the kitchen. The Moody Cow is about 10 minutes down the road and we fully recommend this restaurant...great food, friendly staff.”
- “perfect location for family party”
- “well maintained home with lots of additional extras for entertainment needs. kitchen very well equipped for additional party guests. large grassed area for ball games. near by garden center restaurant and local pubs for dining out.”
- “Wonderful place near some beautiful scenary around the river Wye”
- “A most pleasant surprise when we arrived on Friday afternoon for our long weekend with all our family - how large the property is and how well equipped !. Really nice bedrooms, spotlessly clean and with many homely touches - the card, cake, tea, coffee & milk on arrival were most appreciated. Living room is amazing - great place to spend an evening together - all eleven of us including two small children. Kitchen is well equipped and again very comfortable with dining space for all. Despite the cold weather the heating coped well and we were very snug. Nearby Hotel was really good & catered well for our early birthday party - great food & service. A variety of activities and places to see are only a short drive away. Super place to stay - worth every penny !!”
- “It is a lovely big house with plenty of space. The whole family had a great time without getting on top of each other. This is the second time we have visited Grove View Barn and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there again.”
- “The property was perfect for our family holiday to celebrate our 40th Anniversary and so well equipped we had no problem preparing and seating 10 people for dinner. The location is stunning and we would not hesitate to recommend it and book again in the future.”
- “The Barn was a terrific place to stay. There was plenty of room to fit ten people, everything was very clean, it had a very well equipped kitchen, an amazing viewing window over the valley below and was very quiet at night.”
- “A beautiful clean, welcoming Barn. It was far bigger than the pictures had led us to believe, had space enough for 3 generations. We all had a great holiday. Would definitely recommend.”
- “A superb location and there was plenty of room in the property. It had good facilities for all the family, both young and old.”
- “This was our second Easter visit to this property which suited our family group of 9 perfectly. We felt we had not exhausted the area last year and we were right as we hardly repeated anything we had done.”
- “We enjoyed the warm, comfortable and spacious accommodation.”
- “Very spacious property with high quality fixtures and fittings. Perfect for family get together. It was very clean and a lovely welcome pack was provided.”
- “We really enjoyed our visit to Grove View Barn for my Mums 60th birthday. The cottage was easy to find, and was extremely well presented inside. The pictures on the Sykes website didn't really do it justice! There was more than enough space for 8 of us and 1 child. This was a perfect location and perfect cottage for our stay and would definitely recommend it to others.”
- “I stayed here with 8 of my friends and we absolutely loved the cottage! We have gone away at the same time every year for the last 3 years and this is definitely the best cottage. The kitchen is a great space for everyone to be in whilst cooking and having a few drinks. The large table can accommodate 10 people easily. The lounge again is a huge space with comfortable sofas and good if you are playing games with your friends. The beds were very comfy and the rooms were of a good size with enough bathrooms for everyone.”
- “Large communal spaces, perfect for a family gathering. Large and well equipped kitchen. Location was calm, serene and in a beautiful area. Beds were really comfy and the showers were clean. Decorated Christmas trees around the house were a nice touch. Overall, felt very welcome and at home.”
- “Lovely, very spacious cottage.”
About the location
Ross-on-Wye 3 miles; Hereford 11 miles.
The scattered hamlet of Pengethley lies in beautiful unspoilt Herefordshire countryside, just 3 miles north of Ross-on-Wye. The hamlet boasts an award winning farm shop and café, which sells locally grown and reared produce, home baking, cider and perry, whilst Pengethley Manor, surrounded by National Trust parkland offers bar meals, as well as fine dining all year round. The market town of Ross-on-Wye has many Tudor timbered buildings, a 17th century Market Hall, individual shops, pubs and restaurants, and you may wish to stroll along the River Wye, take a relaxing river cruise, or enjoy the countryside from a hot-air balloon. The magnificent Royal Forest of Dean, England's largest oak forest is close by and offers many activities, including cycling, horse riding, abseiling, canoeing, as well as many lovely walks. Guests can also enjoy Hereford with its fascinating Mappi Mundi world map and chained library, Hay-on-Wye, often referred to as 'the town of books', Ledbury with its many food and drink festivals, the majestic Black Mountains and scenic Brecon Beacons National Park, all of which are within easy travelling distance. There is something for everyone in the area, at whatever time of year you visit.