- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Stonehill Farm Cottages
Charlton 1 mile. Two delightful single storey, semi-detached cottages, cleverly created from an attractive stone barn, within the grounds of the owner's farmhouse, a mile from the village of Charlton and only 4 miles from the ancient town of Malmesbury. These Malmesbury cottages can be found in a tranquil rural location surrounded by the lush North Wiltshire countryside. These Malmesbury cottages have been furnished and equipped to a very high standard, to provide a perfect, peaceful Wiltshire holiday base from which to explore this lovely area. Visit nearby Malmesbury Abbey, or the Cotswold Water Park, or how about a trip to view the interesting gardens at Westonbirt Arboretum? Just a little further afield are the National Trust village of Lacock, the setting for TV's Cranford, the Fox Talbot Museum, the picturesque lanes of Castle Combe and historic Bath. These lovely Malmesbury cottages make a comfortable holiday base, at any time of the year.
A delightful single-storey, semi-detached cottage, cleverly created from an attractive stone barn, within the grounds of the owner's farmhouse.
This Wiltshire cottage has been furnished and equipped to a very high standard, and offers a welcoming and peaceful holiday home from which to explore this lovely area.
Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref.
5791 to accommodate 4.
All ground floor (some internal steps). One twin bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over bath, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
Storage radiators & electric convector heaters. Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with DVD & Freeview, CD/radio, books/games/DVDs. Fuel & power inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lawned rear garden with furniture. One well-behaved pet welcome at £10 per week. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 4 miles. Pub 1 mile. Note: Garden at property not enclosed, please ensure dogs are kept on leads at all times.
- Last minute
- “Restful retreat”
- “Good cottage and well situated for the Cotswolds and touring Wiltshire. More than adequately fitted out with new central heating and all mod.cons.. Friendly welcome and easy access to main routes, M4 M5 etc. Good parking and a big garden for dry days...”
- “Service Good Liked it very well Excellent location and quaint towns neither best nor least Internal Survey - suggested a Coat raack in the Hall and a hand rail in the shower”
- “A peaceful, idyllic outstanding cottage and surrounding area”
- “The owner was very helpful, left us a welcome pack (tea/coffee and biscuits). All comforts catered for. We loved the cottage, as did our cat! We spent two weeks and didn't want to leave. The location, next to a main road, but traffic noise not intrusive. Beautiful area, near Malmesbury. Visited the abbey and the abbey gardens, all worth a visit. Cotswold Water Park also outstanding although directions to the Nature Reserves could have been more prominent. Would recommend to those who like great countryside, peace and quiet, and are happy to be a few miles from the shops!”
- “Perfect for countryside lovers, dogs adored it!”
- “The cottage is fully equipped and very cozy. Although the property lies just off the road, it is very quiet at night and all you can hear in the morning is birdsong. There are fields just behind the building where you can take your dog for a stroll in the morning (we were even provided with wellies for the purpose!). Landlady lives next door and was very helpful and welcoming. Would definitely recommend.”
- “70th Birthday UK holiday”
- “The accommodation was excellent and the directions were first class, the area was just what was required, quiet! The only fault was that the accommodation was kitted out with Ikea and was not the most comfortable furniture we have sat or slept in.”
- “We had a memorable stay. Would definitely recommend. Friendly staff and we had everything we needed. Will definitely come back.”
- “Ideal place to stay with the dog with the grass and field behind. Very welcoming with excellent facilities, even down to sachets of jams, mayonnaise etc in the kitchen and shampoo, conditioner and bath oils in the bathroom.”
- “A good property which was comfortable well equipped and clean. The owners left us to own devices. A good base to explore the surrounding area.”
About the location
Malmesbury 4 miles.
The attractive North Wiltshire village of Charlton is found within glorious countryside only 4 miles from the historic town of Malmesbury, well known for its ancient ruined 12th century Benedictine Abbey. On the southern edge of the Cotswold Hills, the area provides superb walks, as well as numerous interesting places to visit including Westonbirt Arboretum, with its extensive collection of trees and shrubs. Also a short drive away are all the attractions at the Cotswold Water Park, or how about a visit to picturesque Castle Combe, or the quaint NT village of Lacock, used as the setting for the Cranford TV series? The superb Roman city of Bath is also easily accessible. This is a great rural location from which to explore this fascinating area.