- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, detached, stone cottage on the outskirts of the Herefordshire village of Hoarwithy, close to both Ross-on-Wye and Hereford.
Overlooking the River Wye and boasting long-distance views, this Hoarwithy cottage appeals to couples and families alike.
Thoughtfully furnished throughout, this Herefordshire cottage provides spacious accommodation and is an ideal base for exploring this beautiful part of the country.
This Herefordshire cottage has two welcoming bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen, cosy sitting room with woodburning stove and a conservatory with a dining area from where the lovely long-distance views can be enjoyed.
Outside this Hoarwithy cottage is a side patio area and front tiered garden, which overlooks the Wye Valley; relax and take in the view at any time of day.
The village of Hoarwithy is just a five minute walk away and has a good pub, Post Office and well-stocked shop, plus with many walks and cycle routes from the doorstep, this Herefordshire cottage is ideally situated for exploring the surrounding countryside.
With so much to see and do in the area, this excellent Hoarwithy cottage is bound to please at whatever time of year you wish to stay.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Conservatory with dining area.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front lawned garden and side patio with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, Post Office and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to the cottage's elevated position, it is approached by steep steps, and has a tiered garden, so is not suitable for children under 12
- Note: Low head height in cottage, please take care
About the location
Ross-on-Wye 5.5 miles; Hereford 9 miles.
Hoarwithy village is ideally situated between the city of Hereford and town of Ross-on-Wye. This pretty, meandering village nestles on the banks of the River Wye and boasts a lovely church, built in an Italianate style with a beautiful interior, an excellent pub with restaurant, Post Office and shop. The pretty hamlet of Carey is also nearby, offering a good pub/restaurant. The whole area is surrounded by stunning countryside and has excellent walking, cycling and birdwatching amidst the scenic Wye Valley, Forest of Dean and the Golden Valley. Explore Hereford with its wonderful 11th Century cathedral and famous Mappa Mundi world map and chained library, or visit the Cider Museum, How Caple Court Gardens, lovely Ross-on-Wye with its delightful riverside walks and even the Malvern Hills and Brecon Beacons. A great location at any time of the year.
Note: Due to the cottage's elevated position, it is approached by steep steps, and has a tiered garden, so is not suitable for children under 12.
- Last minute