- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
Hoarwithy 2.5 miles.
A charming, stone-built, 17th century detached barn conversion, situated within the owner's 5 acre smallholding on the rural outskirts of the pretty village of Hoarwithy, just 7 miles from both Hereford and Ross-on-Wye.
Quietly nestling amidst wooded surroundings, this perfect holiday retreat has a welcoming feel throughout, boasting open plan living with exposed beams and a cosy woodburning stove.
The pleasant bedroom, with its lovely French windows, provides access to the private patio area, which overlooks the scenic Wye Valley and the beautiful rolling fields beyond, a perfect place for breakfast or a relaxing glass of wine in the evening.
Set within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there's plenty to explore in the surrounding area, such as the Wye and Golden Valleys, the Forest of Dean and the famous cathedral city of Hereford.
All ground floor. 1 x twin with French windows leading to patio. Shower room with low-level shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove and French windows leading to patio.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, TV, DVD
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared, lawned garden and private patio with garden furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 7 miles, pub 2.5 miles
- Note: Unfortunately this property does not accept children due to the owner's free-roaming donkeys located within the grounds
- This property is also unsuitable for infants
- Note: The shower room has grab rails and a shower seat.
About the location
Ross-on-Wye 5.5 miles; Hereford 9 miles.
Hoarwithy village is ideally situated between the city of Hereford and town of Ross-on-Wye. This pretty, meandering village nestles on the banks of the River Wye and boasts a lovely church, built in an Italianate style with a beautiful interior, a good pub with restaurant, Post Office and shop. The pretty hamlet of Carey is also nearby, offering a good pub/restaurant. The whole area is surrounded by stunning countryside and has excellent walking, cycling and birdwatching amidst the scenic Wye Valley, Forest of Dean and the Golden Valley. Explore Hereford with its wonderful 11th Century cathedral and famous Mappa Mundi world map and chained library, or visit the Cider Museum, How Caple Court Gardens, lovely Ross-on-Wye with its delightful riverside walks and even the Malvern Hills and Brecon Beacons. A great location at any time of the year.
Note: This property does not accept children.
This property offers the following short breaks: