- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
This charming studio apartment, in the grounds of the owner's home is situated in the Worcestershire hamlet of Menith Wood, near the towns of Bewdley and Tenbury Wells and the Wyre Forest and Malvern Hills.
With lovely views overlooking the owner's grounds, lakes and countryside beyond, this Worcestershire studio apartment has been stylishly furnished throughout to provide a perfect romantic retreat.
Set on the first floor to take advantage of the stunning views, this Worcestershire holiday apartment offers comfortable accommodation with an open plan living and sleeping area, along with a separate wet room.
Outside, guests have use of a private patio area with furniture and barbecue, as well as the owner's 13 acres of grounds, which include three trout fishing lakes and a small orchard.
There are many lovely walks and cycle routes from the doorstep of this self-catering apartment, with the Worcestershire Way close by, plus just a short drive away is Witley Court and Gardens.
The market towns of Bewdley, Bromyard and Tenbury Wells are within easy reach, or enjoy a day out in Worcester, Hereford or Ludlow, famous for its restaurants and stunning architecture.
This welcoming Worcestershire self-catering apartment is in an exceptional location and can be enjoyed all year round.
All first floor. Open plan studio accommodation with twin beds (zip/link, can be king-size double on request), kitchen with breakfast bar and sitting area. Wet room with walk-in shower, basin and WC.
Gas central heating. Combination microwave/oven, electric 2-ring hob, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Private patio with furniture and BBQ. Shared use of 13 acres of grounds with 3 trout fishing lakes, an orchard and woodland. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Note: The lakes in the shared grounds are unfenced. Note: There is exclusive trout fly fishing for guests, please contact owners for details. Note: There are free range chickens in the grounds. Note: Cottage is accessed via a short, private farm track.
- Last minute
- “Perfect for a Family Holiday”
- “My partner and I were looking for the perfect place to take our four month old baby on his first holiday and I'm so pleased to say that we found it with this treasure apartment. From the minute we arrived, the owner made us feel at home and couldn't have been any nice during our entire stay. The garden (if you can call it that as it's so big and beautiful) created a wonderful view and was perfect for us to go and enjoy some time alone or as a family. The area itself is also very beautiful and allows you to escape reality without being too far from the local shops. We had some great days out to Bewdley and local attractions such as the railway and safari park. We didn't try any of the pubs or restaurants as there really was no need or want for us to leave our cosy apartment on an evening. It has all facilities required to just hide away and enjoy time together. We'll definitely be returning.”
- “flyfishing and wildlife paradise.”
- “This is a unique place to stay,the studio which is accessed by steps has a small verhranda which over looks the magnificant view of the lakes and 13 acres of land which is yours for your stay. The lakes contain three species of trout,blues,browns and rainbows .I have never known trout to jump so high and fight so hard,the best weight i caught was 5lb but there were larger fish . All the fish caught were in perfect condition.The early morning chorus tells you that this a bird spotters joy! other wildlife can been seen along the lovely walks.The accomodation is clean,comfortable with self catering equipment and a lower outside decked area also with bbq and seating. The owners are lovely and own two adorable springers.Dont forget you are the only people using this wonderful facility!”
- “Our weeks stay in June”
- “We had a lovely week, not only was it my birthday but we were made to feel very much at home The 2 dogs are adorable The grounds are lovely and we enjoyed a couple of walks around It is ideally located to visit the local attractions, we especially loved the Safari Park”
- “It's perfect! Hosts are wonderful, accommodation is lovely, view”
- “Having just moved house we needed a bit of a break. Boy did Stile Cottage fit the bill. Our hosts were so welcoming. The cottage was perfect. Complete peace. Fishing on the lakes really good. Plenty to do in the surrounding area. We will be back.”
- “Absolutely beautiful and peaceful setting. Couldn't be faulted. Lovely friendly welcome from owner.”
- “The apartment was very nicely laid out, welcoming and felt airy and spacious. The patio type door and windows around them were east facing so we experienced the most incredible sun rises. There was a great feeling of privacy and privilege to be in such incredible surroundings. The garden is spectacular, as is the surrounding countryside and the trout fishing within the garden was a real pleasure. We fully intend to return.”
- “An excellent location, a friendly and helpful host, superb gardens and a very comfortable apartment, it was peaceful and restful. A great tonic in a little haven.”
- “A beautiful setting, so peaceful and private. Had a very warm welcome from a lovely lady. A perfect romantic retreat, we will definitely return.”
- “Best New years location for us to date! Wonderful welcoming/informative hosts and amazing immediate surroundings with places further afield to visit. Stunning panoramic views just a 10 minute walk from the apartment and in a peaceful rural/friendly location, all the better for having exclusive use of the site. Amazing views from the apartment. A hidden gem just an hour away from Birmingham.”
- “This hidden gem cannot be done justice from photographs, the landscape and views of it from the apartment are simply beautiful. As a quiet hideaway for a couple, who enjoy rural retreats, exciting fishing and lovely places to visit within easy reach, Stilehouse would be hard to beat. This, coupled with the fantastic welcome and warmth of the owners, made for a truly wonderful break that we look forward to repeating!”
- “The accommodation is set in a fantastic private setting and the view from the studio is wonderful over looking the four lakes. The variety of trees,shrubs and plants make a great place to wander around to check out the wildlife and the trout fishing is great .The hosts are genuine lovely people who are very helpful.This place is fantastic,thank you!”
- “Very helpful and friendly welcome. Ideal retreat for peace and quiet and a spot of fishing but close enough to Worcester and other attractions.”
About the location
Bewdley 7.7 miles; Tenbury Wells 9 miles; Stourport-on-Severn 11 miles; Mulvern 23 miles.
The scattered hamlet of Menith Wood lies midway between the Wyre Forest and the Malvern Hills, just 4 miles from the pretty village of Great Witley, which is home to Witley Court, a palatial 19th century mansion surrounded by landscaped gardens and stone fountains. Just a short drive away is the popular historic town of Stourport-on-Severn, which nestles on the outstanding beauty of the River Severn and offers an abundance of cafes, shops and black and white timbered houses. The Wyre Forest straddles the borders of Worcestershire and Shropshire and is one of the largest ancient woodlands in Britain, much of which is designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) with the remainder listed as a National Nature Reserve. The Wyre Forest is home to a vast array of wildlife, including woodland birds, flora, fauna, moths and adders, as well as many lovely walks, cycle routes, horseriding and a discovery centre. The magnificent Malvern Hills form a 9 mile range of ancient rock, which offers miles of footpaths and bridleways with long distance views in every direction, plus the town of Malvern plays host to many markets and antique fairs, as well as the Great Malvern Food Festival every June. Explore the pretty towns of Bewdley, Bromyard and Tenbury Wells, Worcester, Hereford and Ludlow, which is widely known as one of the most beautiful towns in Britain. A little further afield day trips can be enjoyed to Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon, the Ironbridge Gorge, the Severn Valley Railway Museum, West Midlands Safari Park and many National Trust Properties and gardens.