“The Hop Barn was an excellent place ...”The Hop Barn was an excellent place for our short visit and would make a wonderful location for a walking or touring holiday. Our host was very welcoming and the cottage was both clean and cosy. The wood-burning stove was a real treat to come back to after a busy day touring. We would certainly come back.
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Cleobury Mortimer 3 miles. An imaginative barn conversion nestling in a delightful courtyard location beside the owner's impressive country house, which is surrounded by lovely gardens offering beautiful countryside views.
The charming accommodation is upside down, with bedrooms downstairs and a spacious living room on the first floor with polished wooden floors, old beams and a cosy woodburning stove.
Situated in the rural village of Neen Sollars, with its village pub and church, the property makes a rather special base from which to explore southern Shropshire.
Fishing is available on the River Rea (0.5 miles from cottage) and there is excellent walking from the doorstep.
Perfect for an all year round romantic break for two.
Two ground floor bedrooms (accessed via 6 steps down): 1 x super king-size double (can be twin on request), 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area (accessed via 6 steps up) with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Extra wood can be purchased from the owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Ample off road parking
- Private sitting area with garden furniture and BBQ and shared use of owner's landscaped gardens
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Additional full-size single folding bed, or children’s folding bed, can be put up on request prior to your arrival
- The full-size bed can only be put up in the super king-size bedroom
About the location
Bridgnorth 10 miles; Ludlow 12 miles.
The pretty little town of Cleobury Mortimer is situated in the rural heart of South Shropshire. The town offers a refreshing selection of individual shops, pubs and restaurants, but is most famous for its unique church, which has a peculiar crooked steeple. The historic market towns of Bridgnorth and Ludlow (with its superb castle) and the famous World Heritage Site of Ironbridge are all within easy reach. There is excellent walking locally in the Clee Hills and the Wyre Forest, and horseriding, golf and fishing are available close by.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute