- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This delightful 19th century semi-detached cottage is in a lovely location next to the River Severn in the village of Jackfield within the beautiful Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.
Well appointed throughout, this Ironbridge cottage provides comfortable, cosy accommodation, with character features consisting of wooden beams and trusses, an open fire and a woodburning stove, all of which help to create a charming atmosphere.
Your Ironbridge cottage has two bedrooms - a double and a twin, a bathroom, a well-equipped kitchen with a spacious dining area and a welcoming sitting room.
The pretty front garden overlooks the River Severn and is the perfect spot to enjoy alfresco dining.
Close to the Wrekin Way footpath, there are scenic walks and cycle trails from the cottage, plus the picturesque centre of Ironbridge is one mile away, which boasts shops, excellent pubs, restaurants, tea rooms, ten museums and the world's first iron-built bridge.
Discover country houses and gardens, medieval Shrewsbury and Ludlow, Blists Hill Victorian Village, Wroxeter Roman City and vineyard, Stokesay Castle, delightful Much Wenlock and Church Stretton, known as Little Switzerland.
At the end of the day return to this superb cottage and relax with a warm drink in front of the open fire, or enjoy the river views with a glass of wine on a balmy summer's evening.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and woodburning stove. Sitting room with open fire.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove and open fire
- Range cooker with electric double oven and 5 ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock
- Fuel, power and starter packs for stove and fire inc. in rent
- Extra wood available on honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car and free parking available outside Jackfield Tile Museum 30 seconds' walk from cottage
- Small gravel sitting area by front door
- Front garden with small lawns, patio, furniture, BBQ and lovely views overlooking the River Severn
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops/amenities of Ironbridge 1 mile
- Pub 2 mins walk
- Note: There is an open tread staircase at this property; therefore it may not be suitable for the infirm
- Note: Due to there being no handrail on the open side of the staircase, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: This property is situated next to the River Severn and there is a steep drop at the bottom of the garden so please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: The garden at this property is not suitable for those with limited mobility.
About the location
Ironbridge 1 mile; Much Wenlock 6 miles; Bridgnorth 12 miles.
The village of Jackfield is situated on the banks of the River Severn, which flows through the beautiful Ironbridge Gorge and is part of this famous World Heritage Site, home of the world's first iron-built bridge, built 1777-79. Jackfield stands on the Wrekin Way footpath, providing many scenic walks and cycle trails, and is home to the impressive Tile Museum and well -known Boat Inn. The centre of Ironbridge is 1 mile away, today one of the country's most delightful tourist attractions. Situated in a lovely wooded valley in the heart of Shropshire, the pretty village has many pubs, restaurants, shops and tea rooms. A collection of industrial and Victorian themed museums make up the Ironbridge Museums, including Blists Hill Victorian Village, where you can step back in time. Discover the historic towns of Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury and Ludlow, as well as many NT properties and the fascinating Wroxeter Roman City.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute