- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This attractive brick built detached bungalow stands next to the owner's house in half an acre of grounds in the village of Coalbrookdale in Shropshire. This delightful Coalbrookdale cottage is a perfect family holiday home, set in an excellent location close to the River Severn, within the beautiful Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site. This Coalbrookdale cottage provides spacious, light and airy, quality accommodation including a large sitting room with open fire, sunny conservatory, well-equipped kitchen, three comfortable bedrooms, one with en-suite facilities, and a bathroom. Outside is a large pretty garden, ideal for family fun, alfresco dining and enjoying a cold drink on a summer's evening. The picturesque centre of Ironbridge is a few minutes' walk away, providing shops, pubs, restaurants, tea rooms, museums and the world's first iron-built bridge. Enjoy a drink in the riverside cafe in the Antiques Centre, or visit Dale End Park, with gardens to the river and a children’s play area. Discover the Heritage Site's 10 museums and the wonderful Blists Hill Victorian Town. Further afield are many other places to visit including historic Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury, Ludlow and the amazing Wroxeter Roman City. A charming Coalbrookdale cottage, which is an ideal place to stay at any time of year.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility with basin and WC. Large sitting room with open fire and sofa bed. Conservatory.
Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room. Double electric oven, electric ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Extra fuel for open fire can be purchased from the owner. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 3 cars. Bike storage. Large side and rear lawned garden with patio area, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop, pubs and restaurants 2 mins walk. Note: There is an unfenced brook bordering the garden, so children must be supervised at all times.
- Last minute
- “Excellent cottage for families of all sizes”
- “We were welcomed on arrival and entered into a clean well decorated very comfortable home with all the required amenities. We loved the big kitchen and cooking facilities, the lounge and private garden. It was located near all the museums, independent shops, coffee houses and restaurants. There were supermarkets relatively nearby for other shopping. The owners were always willing to advise on sightseeing and they helped us plan a suitable route home at the end of the week. Everything needed for a very enjoyable holiday was to hand.”
- “Ideal for a Get Together”
- “3 generations of the family, 8 of us in all, got together for a long weekend Homestead seemed ideal - we live in Telford, but the others came in from Merseyside, London, and Cornwall. One of the party has difficulty getting around, so the en-suite in the main bedroom was a boon. Even the sofa bed wasn't too bad. There is plenty of space for all of us to eat together, and the sitting room is a great space. I agree with a previous reviewer - this won't be the most peaceful place in the world, but it's in a residential area opposite a school, so what would you expect? If you have small children beware the brook at the rear of the property Nevertheless, whole-hreartedly recommended!”
- “Comfortable, well furnished apartment!”
- “Great Place to stay! Very close to attractions and eateries. We were two families stayed here for a week. About 10 museums around and strongly recommend the Year-long pass valid for all museums. The house is very spacious and comfortable for 8 members. The services and the cottage were very good and well furnished. May not be the place for peace and quiet, although, the photos definitely seem to indicate so. The cottage is in an area that is quite well-populated and is opposite a school. Overall, a best place to get away for a week with kids!”
- “Everything about this bungalow was excellent, from the comfortable beds, to the great amount of space, inside and out. The location could not have been better, the bungalow is set in lovely gardens so could be a peaceful retreat too. We were a party of 6 elderly adults, and thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay.”
- “We had an excellent stay at The Homestead with my daughter and family. It is ideally located for all the attractions around Ironbridge and surrounding area. We would definitely stay there again if in the area.”
- “This is our third year at this property, we absolutely love it. It is about 5/10 minutes drive away from the Ironbridge museums. We love going to this property, it is a real home from home. It is quiet, relaxing and a lovely place to visit. Would highly recommend.”
- “The Homestead bungalow is an excellent property, close to all the Ironbridge attractions”
- “Homestead was in a great location, the bungalow was very spacious and clean.”
- “Brilliant area for children, museums all with child friendly exhibitions plus Cosford RAF museum. Our kids 5,10,12 all loved the holiday.”
- “One of the best holidays we have ever had. The cottage was beautifully appointed with everything we could wish for, and the welcoming cake was delicious. All the tourist attractions were within easy reach and entailed very little long distance driving. We thoroughly recommend this holiday, this particular cottage, and this area.”
About the location
Ironbridge 0.25 miles; Shrewsbury 22 miles.
The village of Coalbrookdale is situated close to the banks of the River Severn and is part of the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge Gorge. This pretty village was once the site of the most famous ironworks in the world and today hosts three of ten museums which celebrate the history of the Ironbridge World Heritage Site. Within a 5 minute walk is the centre of Ironbridge village itself, home of the world's first iron-built bridge, built between 1777-79. The village also has many pubs, restaurants, shops and tea rooms. A collection of industrial and Victorian themed museums makes up the Ironbridge Museums, including Blists Hill Victorian Village. Within driving distance are the popular towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow and Much Wenlock, along with the Wroxeter Roman City and National Trust properties. Coalbrookdale is an excellent base from which to explore the area.