- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Much Wenlock 3.25 miles. A charming semi-detached, brick-built barn conversion, in an attractive courtyard location on a 70-acre family farm in the lovely Kenley Valley, beneath famous Wenlock Edge.
The cottage has an open plan living area, with a wealth of restored oak beams and rafters throughout.
Well equipped and furnished in a comfortable, traditional style, the property has a warm, cosy atmosphere - perfect for a romantic break.
A welcome pack of home made bread and free range eggs awaits all guests.
There is fishing in the large shared garden, or relax and enjoy the panoramic views of Wenlock Edge.
The area is renowned for its walking, cycling, riding and birdwatching, or explore pretty villages, walk the Long Mynd or visit Ironbridge Gorge â€“ a superb base for a break all year round.
All ground floor. One lovely twin bedroom with built in wardrobes. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Attractive open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining table and cosy sitting area with ornamental electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV, DVD player, radio
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Large 3 acre, lawned garden with 2 large fish stocked pools, garden furniture and BBQ
- Two small dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- There is free private trout fishing on site (fish must be returned to pond)
- Shops and restaurants in Much Wenlock 3.5 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Only suitable for a babe in arms
- There is a private spring water supply
- There are two unfenced ponds in the garden
- Note: The doors at this cottage are not large enough for a wheelchair
- Note: The mobile signal in this area is very poor.
About the location
Bridgnorth 8 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles.
This delightful 700-year old market town lies on the north east end of the famous Wenlock Edge, in the heart of the beautiful Shropshire countryside. Considered the birthplace of the modern Olympic Games, the town is filled with a patchwork of twisting streets, black and white half timbered buildings, limestone cottages, speciality shops, quality pubs and restaurants. Stroll round the remains of the magnificent 12th century priory, 16th century Guildhall, the interesting Norman church and the Old Gaol House. Above the town rises the 15 mile long Wenlock Edge, boasting glorious views and excellent walking, cycling, and riding. Nearby are the wonderful medieval towns of Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth and Ludlow, the World Heritage Centre of Ironbridge with nine museums and Blists Hill Victorian Village, plus the amazing Wroxeter Roman City and Stokesay Castle.