- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Leighton 1.25 miles.
One of a group of lovely cottages, some dating back to 1852, in a picturesque farmyard location on a 100-acre working cattle farm, on the outskirts of the Shropshire village of Leighton.
Situated close to the owner's delightful black & white farmhouse, this semi-detached Leighton cottage offers a perfect romantic getaway full of charm with original oak beams and exposed rustic brick walls.
This Leighton cottage has a cosy bedroom with wrought iron bedstead, plus an oak fitted kitchen and a lovely sitting area.
The farmland offers views of the Long Mountain and is surrounded by breathtaking countryside.
The walk from this Leighton cottage up the Wrekin Hill is essential.
A perfect location for discovering this part of Shropshire, other attractions to enjoy are the world famous Ironbridge Gorge, the towns of Much Wenlock and Shrewsbury, Wroxeter Roman City, various NT properties and the stunning South Shropshire Hills.
A gorgeous Leighton cottage, ideal for a romantic break at any time of the year.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs 3700, 4210, 8401, 17899, 22111, 919049 and 929381, together they sleep 20.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with log-effect electric stove.
Wall mounted (instant heat) electric convector heaters with electric stove in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine. TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Electricity inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Bike storage. Front sitting area with furniture and countryside views. Sorry, no smoking and no pets. Shop 3 miles. Pub 3.5 miles drive or 20 mins walk by footpath. Note: Babes-in-arms only.
- Last minute
- “Didnt stay in this building ...”
- “Gor the dairy instead so people who had booked didnt have to move out & back in. Very lovely people & dog, Molly on working farm in very quiet area. Barn owl flew over car on approach to house. So cosy & had everything we needed for weekend break. One place I would go back to & not just for homemade cake on arrival. Did find farm hard to find due to lack of lighting on road through but no real problem”
- “An extremely well equipped, comfortable cottage in beautiful surroundings.”
- “On arrival made to feel very welcome by the host & nothing was too much trouble.The cottage was ideally situated to explore Shropshire . The setting of the cottage was excellent , lovely views & very quiet & secluded.”
- “The owners were very friendly and we even got home baked cakes upon our arrival which was a lovely thought after a long journey. Although in a peaceful setting, the cottage was central to explore many aspects of Shropshire. The information provided by the owners, everything from the local shops to what went where with regards to our rubbish was exceptionally good, as was the amount of literature provided regarding places and events in the area.”
About the location
Ironbridge 4 miles; Much Wenlock 6 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles.
The historic village of Leighton, which is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1087, stands in the heart of beautiful Shropshire, and is only four miles from the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, home of the world's first iron-built bridge, built 1777-79. The Ironbridge Gorge is one of the country's most delightful tourist attractions; situated in a lovely wooded valley, the pretty village has many pubs, restaurants, shops and tea rooms. A collection of industrial and Victorian themed museums make up the Ironbridge Museums, including the renowned Blist Hill Victorian Village, where you can step back in time. Enjoy the nearby medieval towns of Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury and Ludlow, as well as many NT properties including Attingham Hall and Park, along with the fascinating Wroxeter Roman City and Vineyard. A wonderful all-year-round location.