- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Leighton 1.25 miles.
This bespoke hand-made, timber-built, fully insulated Shepherd's Hut is a truly unique holiday cottage.
Set in a picturesque farmyard location on a 100-acre working cattle farm on the outskirts of the Shropshire village of Leighton, it is ideal for a romantic getaway.
Situated close to the owner's delightful Black and White farmhouse, this unusual Shropshire holiday cottage provides two distinct areas of accommodation which are only 5 yards apart.
The Shepherd's Hut contains all your needs for a peaceful night's sleep including a double bed, comfy seating, a TV and a woodburning stove, which helps create a wonderful romantic atmosphere.
Just a few yards away is the rest of the accommodation housed in a section of a barn conversion and includes a modern shower room and a fitted kitchen with a dining area and another TV.
There are lovely farmland views from both parts of the accommodation with the majestic Wrekin Hill in the background.
Just a short drive away are the world famous Ironbridge Gorge, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury, Wroxeter Roman City, various NT properties and the stunning South Shropshire Hills.
A unique Leighton holiday cottage in a delightful location, ideal for a romantic break any time of the year.
Note: This property can be booked with Refs 3700, 4210, 8401, 8402, 22111, 919049 and 929381, together they sleep 20.
All ground floor. The Shepherd's Hut: Open plan accommodation with double bed and sitting area with woodburning stove. The Barn: Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility.
Woodburning stove in Shepherd's Hut with electric fires in The Barn. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot on request. Off road parking for 1 car. Bike storage. Private gravelled sitting area with furniture, BBQ and views of farmland and the Wrekin Hill. Sorry, no pets or smoking. Shop 3 miles. Pub 3.5 miles drive or 20 mins walk by footpath. Note: There are 3 steps up from ground level into the Shepherd's Hut.
- Last minute
- “What a lovely place - situated on a working farm (in the middle of what seems nowhere!) We arrived on a cold, damp night to be greeted by the wood burner roaring and homemade cake on the table! This is the cutest place I've ever stayed - a hut with a bed, two chairs and a woodburner - its perfect! We visted Irongorge and all its attractions (a lovey little town!) and had a totally relaxing few days - we'll definately go back so that we can make use of the small BBQ area! - A lovely place to relax, unwind and chill!!”
- “What a magical place”
- “This is the perfect spot for a couple, small but full of character, superbly finished and the perfect romantic getaway. The hut itself is just perfect, the little woodburner heats it up wonderfully and the quaintness makes for the perfect romantic setting. Tucked away from the farmhouse, it is wonderfully private and with fantastic views across the open farmland with the Wrekin as the backdrop. It is far enough outside Telford to feel totally isolated and out in the countryside while actually being only a very short taxi ride away. A wonderful place to stay and at a very good price, thank you Derick for a fantastic christmas week here and I look forward to my next visit.”
- “This is a cosy retreat for a quiet and secluded holiday staying in an unusual and unique accommodation.”
- “It was everything we hoped for and in a beautiful part of the country. We will come again!”
- “We loved the cosiness of the Shepherds Hut. We were slightly concerned it would be chilly, as we stayed mid winter, but with the log burner going it was toasty! The bathroom, located in the converted barn, was super hot too, so our fears were completely unfounded.”
- “Beautiful location. Quirky but amazing accommodation, clean and well thought out! We will return!”
About the location
Ironbridge 4 miles; Much Wenlock 6 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles.
The historic village of Leighton, which is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1087, stands in the heart of beautiful Shropshire, and is only four miles from the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, home of the world's first iron-built bridge, built 1777-79. The Ironbridge Gorge is one of the country's most delightful tourist attractions; situated in a lovely wooded valley, the pretty village has many pubs, restaurants, shops and tea rooms. A collection of industrial and Victorian themed museums make up the Ironbridge Museums, including the renowned Blist Hill Victorian Village, where you can step back in time. Enjoy the nearby medieval towns of Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury and Ludlow, as well as many NT properties including Attingham Hall and Park, along with the fascinating Wroxeter Roman City and Vineyard. A wonderful all-year-round location.