- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Leighton 1.25 miles. One of a group of lovely brick built barn conversions, in a picturesque farmyard location on a 100-acre working cattle farm, on the outskirts of the Shropshire village of Leighton. Situated close to the owner's delightful black & white farmhouse, this semi-detached Shropshire cottage offers a welcoming atmosphere and is cosy and comfortable, with a charming en-suite bedroom and an attractive open plan living area, perfect for a romantic break. The farmland offers views of the Long Mountain and the majestic Wrekin Hill (1335' high), and is surrounded by lovely countryside, as well as offering scenic walks from the cottage up the Wrekin Hill, making this the perfect location for discovering all of beautiful Shropshire. Enjoy world famous Ironbridge Gorge, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury, Wroxeter Roman City, various NT properties and the stunning South Shropshire Hills. A lovely Leighton cottage in a delightful location, ideal for a romantic break any time of the year. Note: This property can be booked with Refs 4210, 8401, 8402, 17899, 22111, 919049 and 929381, together they sleep 20.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with log-effect electric stove.
- Wall mounted (instant heat) electric convector heaters plus electric stove in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine & tumble dryer in adjoining utility shed, flat screen TV, WiFi
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Bike storage
- Small front courtyard with furniture and views towards the Long Mountain
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles
- Pub 3.5 miles drive or 20 mins walk by footpath
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
- Note: Home baked farmhouse cake provided on arrival.
- Last minute
- “Peace, TRanquil and Cosy”
- “If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable place then look no further. The various sized properties are on a working farm at the end of a narrow lane in the quiet village of Leighton, but within in easy reach of most of the Shropshire attractions: Ironbridge, Telford, Shrewsbury etc. And for walkers The Wrekin is on the doorstep. The property we stayed in is a beautifully converted dairy barn that sleeps 2 people. The property is well fitted out and shows that a great deal of care has been put in by the owners. If like me you crave peace and quiet, comfort, hospitality and scenery this is for you, it has it all. Although its a working farm the herd is a beef herd and the only sound in the morning is the birds!! The owners are very hospitable, although we didn’t get to see them much, but the little welcome present of home cooked cakes, when we arrived was a lovely touch. Overall a lovely venue, although we only stayed for the weekend, we will most definitely be back.”
- “Idyllic little cottage in beautiful area”
- “We stayed here in late January for 10 days as we had to be in the area for family and did not fancy the time in a hotel (or the cost). We followed the directions from the website to the letter and found the farm straight away and were greated by Derek and Molly the Collie. The cottage was all ready for us and warm and we had a lovely homemade cake awaiting our arrival. All the utensils required were in the kitchen and the on site laundry facility proved so useful too. The area is central to not only the ironbridge gorge museums but also the shopping areas of Telford and Shrewsbury a little further away. The Wrekinis a short drive away for walking and the lanes are relatively quiet too. All I all we wiould highly recommend the dairy”
- “Fantastic time in Shropshire”
- “Accommodation was excellant and a warm welcome from the owners. Cottage was ideally situated for Ironbridge and it's museums and also Ludlow and Shrewsbury. Would certainly recommend The Dairy cottage.”
- “good walking area”
- “very nice and quiet place to stay owners very kind and helpfull”
- “Peaceful Scenic and nice people”
- “Finding this place was the only initial problem, but it was worth it. Very close to Ironbridge gorge museums. Very friendly owners.”
- “Very friendly hosts. Hosts were there if needed. Quiet and remote cottage with lovely scenery and everything you could wish for in a holiday cottage.”
- “The Dairy was a perfect place to stay. It had everything you needed to make use of and was very cosy. We had a very warm welcome from the owners. It was a really good base to see and do all the lovely local attractions. A week wasn't long enough!”
- “The cottage and location were 5 Star. Very tranquil- would like to return again in the Spring.”
- “The Dairy was perfect for the two of us. Just the right size and had everything we needed for our stay. The surrounding area is lovely, can't wait to see it again in the summer months. The owner was very helpful and accommodating and considering it was a working farm there was no disturbance from the daily activities.”
About the location
Ironbridge 4 miles; Much Wenlock 6 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles.
The historic village of Leighton, which is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1087, stands in the heart of beautiful Shropshire, and is only four miles from the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, home of the world's first iron-built bridge, built 1777-79. The Ironbridge Gorge is one of the country's most delightful tourist attractions; situated in a lovely wooded valley, the pretty village has many pubs, restaurants, shops and tea rooms. A collection of industrial and Victorian themed museums make up the Ironbridge Museums, including the renowned Blist Hill Victorian Village, where you can step back in time. Enjoy the nearby medieval towns of Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury and Ludlow, as well as many NT properties including Attingham Hall and Park, along with the fascinating Wroxeter Roman City and Vineyard. A wonderful all-year-round location.