- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A stone-built, detached barn conversion in a pleasant courtyard location, ideally situated in the centre of the historic town of Much Wenlock, close to the famous Wenlock Edge.
Providing quality, character accommodation and furnished in a contemporary style, this Much Wenlock cottage is perfect for a family holiday or a romantic Shropshire break for two.
The front courtyard garden, and the covered patio, which is accessed from the sitting room, are perfect for enjoying a morning coffee or evening drink before or after exploring this 700-year old town, or why not enjoy a long walk along the Wenlock Edge?
This beautiful part of Shropshire is renowned for its scenic walking, cycling, riding and birdwatching and with Wenlock Edge on the doorstep and the Shropshire Hills nearby, you will be spoilt for choice.
Explore the area’s pretty villages; wonderful Bridgnorth, delightful Church Stretton, known as Little Switzerland, medieval Shrewsbury and Ludlow and the famous Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, which are all easily accessible from this Much Wenlock cottage.
This Shropshire cottage is an excellent year-round holiday destination for a relaxing break.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining hall. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Double gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front courtyard garden with furniture and BBQ
- Covered patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 3 mins walk, pub 1 min walk
- Note: There are four steps down from the dining hall to the sitting room, and upstairs there are four steps leading to the double bedroom and bathroom.
About the location
Bridgnorth 8 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles.
This delightful 700-year old market town lies on the north east end of the famous Wenlock Edge, in the heart of the beautiful Shropshire countryside. Considered the birthplace of the modern Olympic Games, the town is filled with a patchwork of twisting streets, black and white half timbered buildings, limestone cottages, speciality shops, quality pubs and restaurants. Stroll round the remains of the magnificent 12th century priory, 16th century Guildhall, the interesting Norman church and the Old Gaol House. Above the town rises the 15 mile long Wenlock Edge, boasting glorious views and excellent walking, cycling, and riding. Nearby are the wonderful medieval towns of Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth and Ludlow, the World Heritage Centre of Ironbridge with nine museums and Blists Hill Victorian Village, plus the amazing Wroxeter Roman City and Stokesay Castle.
This property offers the following short breaks: