- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A detached, 18th century former coach house, situated in an acre of the owner's grounds in the small village of Norton, just 5 miles from both Bridgnorth and the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge with its 10 museums including Blists Hill Victorian Village.
Overlooking rolling farmland, this sympathetically restored Norton cottage has been furnished in a traditional style and offers a master double bedroom, a smaller single (suitable for a child up to twelve) and a delightful patio area, all providing the ideal retreat for couples and small families alike.
Within a minute's walk of this Norton cottage is the excellent Hundred House Hotel, a character inn and restaurant and holder of many prestigious food awards.
Also nearby is the renowned Apley Farm Shop and Play Barn.
Discover lovely Bridgnorth, medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury, enjoy a ride on the Severn Valley Railway or visit the West Midlands Safari Park, RAF Cosford, Stokesay Castle, NT Attingham Park or the wonderful Long Mynd and Stiperstone Hills.
A lovely Norton cottage for an exciting break, at any time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double leading to 1 x children's single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 2). Sitting room with dining area and log-effect electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio area with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 5 miles
- Pub/restaurant 1 min walk
- Note: Children aged 12 and under only
- Note: This property is situated adjacent to the A442, therefore some road noise will be heard.
- “Beautiful cottage for long or short stay”
- “The Coach House is an excellently presented and well maintained cottage, but also has that warm and cosy feeling. The owners Lorna and Stuart are extremely friendly and go out of their way to make you welcome and assist you if needed. Close to all attractions and activities it is a perfect base to either venture out or simply stay and enjoy this beautiful area.”
- “The place that you go back again”
- “The Coach House is a fantastic cottage. the hosts Lorna and Stuart made our stay unforgetable. The cottage is very well kept. It has all the amenties. It is situated in an area of owner s ground in the small village of Norton just 5 miles from Bridgenorth. The cottage is situated in a very quite place . Our stay at the cottage was something out of this world. We would recomend this cottage to everyone. Alfred Josephine and Margaret are sending our best regards to Lorna and Stuart Hobbs Your friends from Malta.”
- “Quiet and relaxing location”
- “All very good, and satisfied with all aspects of the holiday. A quiet location, although near to the main road, didn't find it too noisy. Plenty of facilities available, and it was lovely and warm. Plenty do see and do, and very close to several attractions, one week was barely long enough to see everything! Close to shops and supermarkets so food shopping was easy. All in all, a very pleasant stay.”
- “Great long weekend.”
- “This was a really lovely cottage, with lots of modern amenities. The owners were very welcoming,the cottage was spotless and very pleasantly kitted out. Located close to Ironbridge and all the area has to offer. Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to others.”
- “Home from home”
- “We flew to Liverpool and drove down. We were visiting for university interviews. I was not very sure abt driving in the snow, as Jersey comes to a stand still when it snows, but Mrs Hobbs re-assured me via text in the days leading up to, and as we travelled down. It was fantastic to have that contact and she gave us a warm welcome when we got there! There was plenty of parking. The house was warm and welcoming, well decorated and equipped. Bedding was sumptuous and sooo comfortable! Views fantastic and calming. All in all a very relaxing time!”
- “The cottage is delightful; well appointed, clean and comfortable.”
- “A very clean, comfortable property. Conveniently located to District attractions.”
- “The cottage was ideally situated for us, close to a pub with good food and close to attractions and great walking countryside. The owners were very friendly. The WiFi worked well and the nearby farm shop had good quality food for sale at reasonable prices.”
- “The Coach House was excellent. It was clean, well equipped and the owners made us welcome.”
- “This cottage was very tastefully decorated throughout. Clean and comfortable and was a wonderful place to come back to after a day out in this lovely area. There was a very nice pub/restaurant over the road where the meals and atmosphere was brilliant. The owners were lovely but not intrusive. I would highly recommend this property.”
- “Excellent, cosy, clean cottage with very helpful owners in a good position for all the local attractions.”
- “Beautiful cottage. Enjoyed our stay in the Coach House, daughter loved staying with us manly because of the horses in the next paddock.”
- “Extremely nice hosts, very beautiful cottage, great surroundings with plenty of things to see and do”
- “The property was a good location for visiting many of Shropshire's attractions such as the Iron Gorge museums, Bridgnorth ,Severn Valley railway, Wroxeter Roman town,RAF Cosford museum and National Trust and English Heritage properties. It was also a very comfortable property to come back to each day. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our week at the Coach House and have recommended it to family and friends”
- “A very cute property; it was our second time staying there and we enjoyed it as much as we did the first time! It was very easy to get about and close to the local attractions, perfect for our needs.”
- “The cottage was a mini retreat in beautiful surroundings, I stayed at the cottage on a Friday with 2 of my bridesmaids and it was the perfect setting for us to relax, drink champagne and get excited for the wedding preparation the following day. My new husband and I then went back to the cottage on the Sunday and spent a few days relaxing and reminiscing about our wonderful day. The cottage was spectacular and everything we hoped for, beautifully decorated with everything available to feel home away from home. An amazing pub opposite to giving us the freedom to come and go as we pleased without having to drive anywhere. We will absolutely be staying there again for many future mini breaks. A stunning location I would recommend to anyone.”
About the location
NORTON NEAR BRIDGNORTH
Bridgnorth 5 miles; Ironbridge 5 miles.
The small village of Norton is situated in the scenic Shropshire countryside, just 5 miles from both the lovely town of Bridgnorth and the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, with its 10 museums, including Blists Hill Victorian Village, and striking landscape. The village boasts the Hundred House Hotel, a wonderful, award winning old inn and restaurant and holder of two rosettes in the AA Restaurant Guide. Also in the village is the renowned Apley Farm Shop and Play Barn. The surrounding area offers excellent walking and has easy access to a wealth of country parks, great houses, gardens and interesting villages. Stroll through Bridgnorth, winners of 'Britain in Bloom', which comprises of the High Town and the Low Town, connected by winding streets and flights of steps. See the impressive castle ruins, while a ride on the steep funicular railway enables you to glimpse, in style, at what Charles I called "the finest view in all my kingdom". With easy access to The Royal Air Force Museum at Cosford, the medieval towns of Shrewsbury and Ludlow, the fabulous Wroxeter Roman city, and the Severn Valley Railway, this ideal base makes for an enjoyable break at any time of year.