- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautifully presented Georgian house, superbly located in the centre of the thriving Oxfordshire village of Eynsham, just five miles from both Oxford and Witney, the largest town in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. This charming Eynsham holiday cottage exudes character and charm and has been furnished to a high standard, offering many original features and charming antique furniture, making it ideal for a getaway with family and friends. This attractive Eynsham holiday cottage has two spacious bedrooms, both with original wooden flooring, a sumptuous sitting room with open fire and original wooden flooring and a well-equipped kitchen with dining area and decorative stove. To the front of this Oxfordshire cottage is a lovely walled garden with sitting area, perfect for a relaxing drink at the end of a day exploring the area. The thriving village of Eynsham offers many amenities with numerous pubs and a traditional butcher's and baker's, making this Oxfordshire cottage an ideal retreat. Just a short distance away, guests can enjoy the delights of Blenhiem Palace and Capability Brown's landscaped parkland, the unspoilt village of Woodstock, many National Trust properties and the famous annual Royal Regatta at Henley-on-Thames, while the medieval Cotswolds town of Burford is only 12 miles away. A perfect Eynsham holiday destination for a memorable holiday.
Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Second sitting room (seats 3).
Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room (available from October to April). Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, internet access, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking available. Enclosed front garden with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pub 2 mins walk. Bus stop to Oxford and the Cotswolds 2 mins walk. Note: Cottage situated on the main road through the village and some traffic noise may be heard. Note: This property is suitable for babes-in-arms and children over the age of 5 years old.
Note: This property is suitable for babes-in-arms and children over the age of 5 years old.
- “Perfect accommodation in an excellent location for exploring South Cotswolds. The property is very well equipped and beautifully decorated. The frequent bus service to Oxford is useful although there are nine pubs in the village and several places to eat nearby. The local shops cover most essentials and we particularly liked the tiny DIY shop which seemed to stock all sorts. There is plenty to see and do in the area and we will definitely be returning. The log fire was very pleasant in the evenings and complimented the wide selection of books and DVDs in the property - very cosy and relaxing evenings!”
- “We stayed here at Easter 2013 with my daughter and husband. This is a great house in a lovely Oxfordshire village- you feel as if you are away from it all yet so near to so many places. Bus service is great and we used this to visit Oxford and Whitney. Also went to Blenheim Palace-wonderful although very cold when we were there. Hill House is great for 4 people. Very well equipped kitchen and very modern. Lovely cosy lounge very tastefully decorated in keeping with the age of the property as were the two large bedrooms. Very comfy beds with beautiful white, top quality bed linen. You have to climb into the bath for a shower so wouldn't suit someone with restricted mobility and neither would the stairs which seem quite steep- but remember this is a house built some centuries ago. The owners have paid great detail to quality of décor as well as furnishings and it made the stay all the more enjoyable. Great fresh made bread shop and numerous pubs in village too. I would highly recommend this property.”
- “Hill House is elegant, charming and very comfortable. It was a joy to return to after a day exploring this beautiful area.”
- “Hill House is beautiful, it was like a home away from home. The kitchen is fully equipped, the bedding is beautiful and the garden is a delight. We felt quite sad leaving after just a week and would definitely return and recommend.”
- “A beautiful house, it was home from home. We had a wonderful week, brilliant base for seeing the Cotswolds. Would highly recommend.”
- “A restful time in a comfortable well appointed property.”
- “Nice cosy break! Good location for walking and getting away from it all! Lovely open fire.”
- “Hill House is an absolute gem, providing a standard accommodation that you don't normally see in a holiday cottage. The décor is totally in keeping with the style for a Georgian property, yet all "mod cons" are provided. The brochure warned of traffic noise but it did not worry us in the slightest. The location is also ideal - immediate access to excellent shops (the butcher is particularly impressive) and a bus to Oxford on the doorstep. We fully intend to return as soon as we can.”
- “Lovely home in a delightful village. The home was just what we were looking for - atmosphere with modern appliances. All worked well. House notebook had excellent and much needed information. I enjoyed my morning coffee sitting in the garden listening to the doves cooing and the birds chirping. We had Cream Tea at the White Hart, watched the Morris dancers in the square and learned about Aunt Sally at the Queen's Head. Buses were easy to take into Oxford. Enjoyed walking and discovering Eynsham.”
- “Our stay at Hill House was most enjoyable. It has lovely décor to a very good standard. A very comfortable and homely environment with beautiful décor. It is great central location, ideal to roam around the Cotswolds and a bus stop yards from the house with regular pick ups to bring you the short ride into Oxford.”
- “The accommodation was beautifully furnished and excellent value. We particularly enjoyed the location as it was very handy for Oxford and the south Cotswold area. The village was well equipped with pubs and shops for essential items. We had everything we needed.”
About the location
Oxford 5 miles.
Dating back to the Bronze Age the thriving village of Eynsham lies on the north bank of the River Thames just 5 miles from the university city of Oxford, and on the edge of the Cotswolds. It boasts many amenities such as a family butcher, traditional pubs and village shop. Visitors can enjoy many lovely walks and cycle routes from the village as well as canoeing, kayaking, horse riding, golf and fishing. Oxford, the oldest university city in England and known as ‘The City of Dreaming Spires’ has an abundance of attractions, namely the 38 colleges of the university, the oldest university teaching room, Bodleian Library, Botanic Gardens and museums as well as playing host to many festivals and markets. Look out for the numerous TV and film locations around the city. Enjoy a 'punt' on the River Thames, take a boat trip on the River Cherwell or visit the many individual shops, riverside pubs, cafes and the ancient buildings of this charming city. Blenheim Palace, the ancestral home of Winston Churchill and a World Heritage Site is just a short drive away where many walks can be enjoyed around the Capability Brown landscaped parkland, great lake and the beautiful village of Woodstock. Also close by is Henley on Thames with its annual Royal Regatta, attracting thousands of visitors each year to watch over 200 races on this charming part of the river. Cotswold Wildlife Park, one of the most beautiful in the country, is also worth a visit and is home to many rare and endangered species, while a little further afield Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare, Warwick with its magnificent castle and Royal Leamington Spa make a lovely day out for all the family. A memorable holiday destination at any time of year.