- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This charming single-storey, semi-detached cottage is situated on the banks of the River Severn in beautiful Worcestershire countryside, within the village of Astley Burf, just two miles from the town of Stourport-on-Severn. Comfortably furnished throughout, this Worcestershire cottage is ideal for families, friends or couples wishing to enjoy and explore this lovely part of England. This Worcestershire cottage offers two bedrooms, a very well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and a cosy sitting room with an electric woodburner-effect fire. This Worcestershire cottage has a lovely cottage garden with a summerhouse and orchard from where you can enjoy an afternoon fishing from its own river frontage. A variety of walks are available from the doorstep of this Worcestershire cottage while Stourport-on-Severn is just a riverside walk away with many amenities, restaurants and shops. Alternatively, visit unspoilt Shrawley Woods or even the local vineyard! A delightful Worcestershire cottage, with something for everyone at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Rear enclosed lawned garden with summerhouse, orchard and furniture
- River mooring and fishing rights available at no extra cost
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 min walk
- Note: Due to the close proximity of the river, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: River mooring available at no extra cost
- Fishing rights available during fishing season (16th June - 15th March) at no extra cost (fishing licence required and can be purchased locally)
- Note: Although all ground floor, there are 10 steps down to the property
- Note: The cottage has low ceilings and beams.
- Last minute
About the location
Stourport-on-Severn 2 miles; Worcester 10 miles.
The peaceful Worcestershire village of Astley Burf lies on the banks of the River Severn, just a short drive from the popular historic town of Stourport-on-Severn, which nestles amongst the outstanding scenic beauty of the Severn Valley. This picturesque town has an abundance of restaurants, tea rooms, shops and black and white timbered houses circa 1600. Anyone with a love of the outdoors will find themselves surrounded by beautiful countryside including the Wyre forest with many walks and cycle trails or you can sample the award wining wines at the local vineyard at Astley. Within easy reach you can find Hanbury Hall, West Midlands Safari Park and the famous Severn Valley Railway. The River Severn offers river cruises, fishing and boat hire - a perfect destination for a family holiday.