- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This charming single-storey, semi-detached cottage is situated on the banks of the River Severn in beautiful Worcestershire countryside, within the village of Astley Burf, just two miles from the town of Stourport-on-Severn.
Comfortably furnished throughout, this Worcestershire cottage is ideal for families, friends or couples wishing to enjoy and explore this lovely part of England.
This Worcestershire cottage offers two bedrooms, a very well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and a cosy sitting room with an electric woodburner-effect fire.
This Worcestershire cottage has a lovely cottage garden with a summerhouse and orchard from where you can enjoy an afternoon fishing from its own river frontage.
A variety of walks are available from the doorstep of this Worcestershire cottage while Stourport-on-Severn is just a riverside walk away with many amenities, restaurants and shops.
Alternatively, visit unspoilt Shrawley Woods or even the local vineyard!
A delightful Worcestershire cottage, with something for everyone at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Rear enclosed lawned garden with summerhouse, orchard and furniture
- River mooring and fishing rights available at no extra cost
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 min walk
- Note: Due to the close proximity of the river, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: River mooring available at no extra cost
- Fishing rights available during fishing season (16th June - 15th March) at no extra cost (fishing licence required and can be purchased locally)
- Note: Although all ground floor, there are 10 steps down to the property
- Note: The cottage has low ceilings and beams.
- Last minute
- “One of our favourite places we've stayed, very picturesque.”
- “Very warm welcome from the owners with added special touches of flowers and wine. Well equipped cottage, cosy and comfortable. Brilliant location right beside the River Severn. Close to many things to do and see. we will definitely stay again in the future.”
- “We all really enjoyed our stay in Severn Bank Lodge, the cottage was just perfect, cosy and comfortable. The garden was very lovely and just right to relax in and very peaceful.”
- “The surroundings were so peaceful, the garden was a haven.”
- “The garden is beautiful, a lovely place. The owners are welcoming but not at all intrusive. We would really recommend Severn Bank Lodge as a holiday destination. It's fabulous!”
- “"It was a very peaceful destination. A great base for walking and visiting local villages and towns, such as Bewdley and Worcester. Our owners were very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. We were able to take our dog with us and so we all really enjoyed the riverside garden." .”
- “The surroundings were peaceful and everything was to hand in the cottage.”
- “Severn Bank Lodge charming property and people everything there to make you feel at home. Fishing wonderful. Would go again.”
- “The cottage was very well equipped and had a nice homely feel to it. It was so cosy and warm, fantastic to come into when you've been fishing most of the day. There are unspoilt views across the river which you can see from the lounge and main bedroom. The hosts were lovely, they are on hand if you need anything but do not impose on your privacy.”
- “Owners very friendly and helpful. Flowers, wine and home made cake a wonderful welcoming gesture. Excellent holiday venue for fishing and touring. Property comfortable with all necessary equipment.”
- “Great fishing from the garden. Walking distance to really good pub that does great food. Great for the dog our toddler and the fisherman so all very happy. So relaxing great look out onto the river and immaculate garden. We would definitely want to return. It's the best place we have stayed.”
- “The garden was fantastic with apple and pear trees right down to the river. The fishing was good and I caught a 15lb pike along with several barbel, bream and perch. The stay was very relaxing and with a pub next door it made it easy for meals.”
- “Outstanding short break, beautiful location, the lodge was a wonderful little haven. The owners were lovely people, really helpful, made you feel very welcome without being intrusive. We will definitely return.”
- “A lovely cottage in a lovely setting, we had a very relaxing break.”
About the location
Stourport-on-Severn 2 miles; Worcester 10 miles.
The peaceful Worcestershire village of Astley Burf lies on the banks of the River Severn, just a short drive from the popular historic town of Stourport-on-Severn, which nestles amongst the outstanding scenic beauty of the Severn Valley. This picturesque town has an abundance of restaurants, tea rooms, shops and black and white timbered houses circa 1600. Anyone with a love of the outdoors will find themselves surrounded by beautiful countryside including the Wyre forest with many walks and cycle trails or you can sample the award wining wines at the local vineyard at Astley. Within easy reach you can find Hanbury Hall, West Midlands Safari Park and the famous Severn Valley Railway. The River Severn offers river cruises, fishing and boat hire - a perfect destination for a family holiday.