- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A brick-built Edwardian terraced cottage in the centre of the medieval town of Stratford-upon-Avon with views to The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, perfect for a romantic short break or sightseeing holiday. Boasting many period features, this charming Stratford-upon-Avon holiday cottage has been lovingly styled and furnished to provide very comfortable accommodation, including two lovely bedrooms, a cosy sitting room with open fire and a large open plan living area with an AGA, open fire and doors leading to the rear enclosed garden area. The outdoor area of this Stratford-upon-Avon cottage provides a lovely place to sit and enjoy alfresco dining. The centre of Stratford-upon-Avon is just a 5 minute walk away and offers guests many great attractions including Shakespeare's birthplace, 16th century architecture, river cruises and a superb array of pubs, restaurants and shops. The unspoilt villages and towns of the Cotswolds are also within easy reach. A superb Stratford-upon-Avon cottage for a memorable holiday at any time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floorbasin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire. Sitting room with open fire.
Gas central heating with open fires. AGA, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for fires inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 1 car. Garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 min walk. River Avon and Royal Shakespeare Theatre 5 mins walk.
- “We loved Fallstaff cottage. We even hoped for a rainy day as an excuse to stay in. It will be very hard to find a cottage with these standards when we will go an explore other parts of the UK. When we do come back to see more of the Warwickshire area/ Cotswolds as we haven't seen it all we will definitely come back here.”
- “The way the house worked and was located in Stratford was perfect for us. Five minutes walk to all the Shakespeare properties and the theatre, and within twenty minutes of half a dozen National Trust properties. The house was well equipped and with the AGA, was lovely and warm and fun to cook in.”
- “Cosy and warm cottage, excellent location for Stratford Upon Avon, just walk into town for great shopping and restaurants.”
- “This cottage is centrally located, making it easy to get around not only Stratford, but also the general area. The cottage was plenty roomy for the two of us. It was no more than a 5 minute walk to the Royal Shakespeare Company!”
- “The location is unbeatable. We had a marvelous stay and saw everything.”
- “The cottage is homely. It is walking distance from town, the river and all amenities; so no need to drive anywhere.”
About the location
Warwick 9 miles; Royal Leamington Spa 12 miles.
Stratford-upon-Avon is steeped in history and culture and is set in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside, on the banks of the River Avon. The birthplace of William Shakespeare, Stratford is a popular tourist destination, featuring the world renowned Royal Shakespeare Company. Experience Olde England by visiting Shakespeare’s birthplace and other houses connected to his family. Open all year round, these fascinating buildings boast 16th Century furnishings and beautiful grounds and gardens, allowing you to get a feel for Tudor life. The magnificent River Avon is bordered by landscaped parks and offers an array of activities including cruises, rowing and motorboat rides. Alternatively, visit the local National Trust Properties, before sampling Stratford’s excellent restaurants and bars. Within easy reach of Warwick and the Cotswold villages of Stow-on-the-Wold and Moreton-in-Marsh, this is a perfect holiday destination all year round.