- Swimming pool
- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
This impressive Grade II listed country house, built in the 1800s and boasting a stunning original clock tower, is situated in the scattered hamlet of Norton, just five miles from the ancient city of Worcester and surrounded by unspoilt Worcestershire countryside. Beautifully furnished throughout to provide very comfortable accommodation, this Worcestershire holiday cottage is ideal for family and friends to spend time together. With stunning views, this charming Worcestershire holiday home boasts six spacious bedrooms, offering flexible accommodation, with one having an en-suite shower room. The stunning drawing room exudes quality and style with its large picture window flooding the room with light, and the beamed dining room, seating 16 people offers the perfect place for a long lunch or celebratory dinner, while both of these rooms boast cosy open fires. The fitted kitchen with an AGA and both a dining and sitting area, the grand hallway with magnificent oak staircase and the games/sun room overlooking the swimming pool and garden, just add to the comfort of this Worcestershire holiday home. Outside, the heated swimming pool is a lovely addition for guests, and the small woodland area is great for an early morning stroll. The village of Norton has a country pub and offers many lovely walks and cycle routes, including the Monarch's Way, Millennium Way and Severn Way which are all close by. With many pretty towns and villages within easy reach, golf courses, theatres, country markets and numerous outdoor activities close by, this is an ideal base for an unforgettable holiday.
Six bedrooms: 1 x four poster double, 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 triple bunks (double futon below, single on top) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single leading to 1 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Utility. Dining room (seats 16) with open fire. Drawing room with open fire. Games/sun room with table football, table tennis and doors to swimming pool.
Oil central heating with open fires. Oil AGA, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs, 1 with FreeSat and 1 with Freeview, 2 x DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for fires inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 5 cars. Lockable bike storage. Lawned garden with patio, furniture, sun loungers, gas BBQ, outdoor heated swimming pool (available 2nd May - 30th September) and small woodland area. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk. Note: The swimming pool is available for guests to use from 2nd May - 30th September. Note: This property benefits from key holders who live in a private, self-contained annexe around the corner of the main house. They are available to assist guests as and when required.
- Last minute
- “Just spent the weekend at the lovely house and it was fantastic!! House is full of character, spacious and has everything you need for a weekend with friends and family. Swimming pool and outdoor area is great! Would go back again in a heartbeat and thanks Mr Tether for all your help during our stay!”
- “What a brilliant holiday location!”
- “Lovely spacious location for a big family. Super swimming pool. So good we've booked again for next year!”
- “We were a party of 16 people including 7 children but there was plenty of room for the children to play.”
- “Booked as a surprise birthday for my girlfriend and was not disappointed. Everything was as described on the website and we had no issues at all, just absolutely perfect! Would recommend and definitely return in the future.”
- “Norton Grange is not just imposing, it has a warm and friendly atmosphere like a real family home. The swimming pool is a bonus, it's heated to the temperature of a warm bath and is a real luxury. The owner and staff are welcoming, friendly and genuinely seem to want you there.”
- “We enjoyed the spacious rooms and the overall feel of the property. With it being an older property with character, it lent itself well to being the venue for a murder mystery night. Our guests particularly liked the social space within the kitchen/living area and the pool was a big hit! Although the house was large it was always warm and retained the heat well. It was in a great location, stunning views and really peaceful.”
- “Beautiful house in a wonderful setting, everything we needed for a lovely family holiday!”
- “We particularly enjoyed the piano and the reception rooms were great for a social atmosphere. A really great weekend was had by all!”
- “The house was perfect for our party and four young children. Had a games room which all members of the party used at some time.”
- “Relaxed surroundings and excellent facilities in the Cottage. A fantastic break!”
- “The house has a lovely cosy feel as well as being spacious. It has gorgeous features and we loved the games room as well as the lounge kitchen area so the chefs were kept company. The surrounding country was gorgeous and we just had the best time!”
- “Beautiful, spacious house which was full of character! Outside spaces are wonderful! Great weekend had by all and can't wait to go back!”
- “This was perfect for our large family get together. Loads of space, big rooms and the beds were very comfy. The style was grand, (the sitting room is stunning) but had all mod cons. The garden was lovely with, again, lots of space to lounge about or play boules etc. And the POOL!! It's the best pool we've used this side of the channel- and heated!!!! I say again, perfect!!”
- “The house was large and roomy, plenty of room for a large party like us. The views from the house were splendid, a great venue overall.”
About the location
NORTON NEAR WORCESTER
Worcester 5 miles; Malvern 9 miles.
The scattered village of Norton lies in beautiful unspoilt Worcestershire countryside, just 5 miles from the ancient cathedral city of Worcester, dating back to 400BC and, birthplace of the composer Sir Edward Elgar. Norton boasts a village pub and offers many lovely walks including the Severn Way, Monarch’s Way and Millennium Way which are close by. Spetchley Park and Gardens with its beautiful historic house and 30 acre gardens and parkland make a lovely day out for all the family. The nearby picturesque market town of Pershore boasts a magnificent Norman abbey, Georgian architecture and an excellent range of shops and cafes, while the surrounding countryside is famous for fruit growing and market gardening, and Bredon Hill, just south of the village, is home to an Iron Age Fort, Roman earthworks and a number of ancient standing stones. The Worcestershire town of Malvern dates back to the Bronze Age and is situated on the eastern side of the magnificent Malvern Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which form a 9 mile range of ancient rock offering miles of footpaths and bridleways with long distant views in all directions. The town plays host to many antique fairs, craft fairs and auctions throughout the year, is home to the Morgan car and the local theatre welcomes productions from the West End and The Royal Shakespeare Company. Many unspoilt Cotswold villages, including the quintessential English village of Broadway, are close by as well as Warwick with its imposing medieval castle, Stratford-upon-Avon the home of William Shakespeare, the waterfront city of Gloucester and Ledbury famous for its numerous black and white timbered buildings. A great destination for a memorable holiday, all year round.