- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Drakes Broughton 1 mile. A charming, detached, ground floor barn conversion, set in the grounds of the owners' home, on an organic fruit tree farm, close to the pretty village of Drakes Broughton, just two miles from the riverside market town of Pershore. Beautifully decorated and furnished, this Drakes Broughton cottage offers an ideal base for a get-together with family and friends in this lovely part of the country. There are two comfortable bedrooms, one boasting an en-suite shower room and the other with doors directly opening out to the private, enclosed garden. The open plan living area at this cottage near Pershore features a beautiful vaulted ceiling with open beams, a stone flagged floor, a well-equipped country-style kitchen with Belfast sink and an exposed brick inglenook housing a warming woodburner. There is also the use of a games room on request, which houses a full-size snooker table, a dart board, and table tennis. Outside, the rear stable door leads to the private garden, a great place to relax and discuss the day's activities over an alfresco meal. The thriving village of Drakes Broughton offers good amenities with two village pubs, a well-stocked shop, a Post Office and a very popular fish and chip shop, whilst just two miles away, guests can enjoy the many attractions on offer in Pershore. Cheltenham Spa, Broadway and Stratford-upon-Avon are also close by, along with many National Trust properties and historic buildings to discover. With contemporary comfort combined with traditional character and charm, this Drakes Broughton cottage is the perfect base for your next break in the Cotswolds.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. External utility and WC. External games room with snooker table and table tennis.
Underfloor heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine in utility, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and fuel for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lockable bike storage. Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: Only bathroom is en-suite in twin bedroom. Note: Use of the games room by prior arrangement with the owner. Note: There is one external step into the property.
- Last minute
- “Great cottage wonderful !”
- “A lovely cottage well equipped and far better that the photos show, games room great too. Kids loved games room and the cottage was located well to explore many beautiful places.”
- “With the additional games room this property is top class, whatever the weather. It is also an ideal location for touring the local area and is not too far from the motorway.”
- “The cottage was comfortable and well equipped. It was very quiet yet close enough to the villages that we wanted to see. Michael was a lovely host and was concerned that we were comfortable and had all that we needed, which was appreciated. Overall it was an exceptionally lovely place to stay and we would like to visit again!”
- “Particularly liked the location and with many interesting places to visit within easy reach of Dove Cottage.”
- “Additional games room was a great bonus, the location was excellent, and the standard of refurbishment within the cottage was to a very high standard. Already looking forward to returning to Dove Cottage early next year.”
- “Excellent base for touring the Cotswolds, our daughter loved the games room and great facilities at nearby Pershore.”
- “The facilities are very good, everything that was required was there.”
- “Very quiet and nice cottage.”
- “The cottage was excellent as were the owners who introduced themselves as soon as we arrived and showed us around. The cottage is extremely comfortable and we had 2 boys aged 5 and 8 who loved the cottage and have already asked when we are going back. The wood burner fire and underfloor heating ensured that we were never cold in the property and the games room with snooker table and dart board was excellent too.”
About the location
Pershore 2 miles; Worcester 7 miles; Malvern 13 miles; Stratford-upon-Avon 20 miles; Cheltenham 21 miles.
Drakes Broughton is a small but thriving village, located in rural Worcestershire and boasting a good selection of local amenities. Just two miles away, the picturesque market town of Pershore, settled beside the River Avon, boasts a Norman abbey, delightful Georgian architecture and an excellent range of shops, cafes and restaurants. The surrounding countryside is a wonder to explore, famous for its fruit growing, and brimming with a fascinating history, nearby Bredon Hill is home to an Iron Age Fort, Roman ramparts and numerous old standing stones. The ancient cathedral city of Worcester is also close by, whilst the nearby spa town of Malvern dates back to the Bronge Age, attracting plenty of visitors with its antique fairs, craft fairs and auctions throughout the year. Situated just a short drive from the Cotswolds, with its many quaint towns, and also close to plenty of wonderful walks and long distant paths with Millennium Way, Shakespeare's Avon Way and Wychavon Way, there is plenty to discover within easy reach of Drakes Broughton. With Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick with its magnificent castle, and the temptations of Cadbury World just a little further, this diverse area has something to offer all ages and desires.