- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A beautiful mill worker's cottage located in a stunning position in St Mullins, on the banks of the River Barrow in County Carlow.
Dating back to the 19th century, this Carlow cottage combines traditional features with modern conveniences which you will fall in love with.
The open plan living area in this Carlow cottage is conducive to lively social gatherings in the true Irish style, with family or friends, or resting up in front of the stove with your loved one on a chilly evening.
The setting of this Carlow cottage is nothing short of magical; from the moment you descend into the valley, you feel transported into a different world.
The River Barrow, which forms the border with County Kilkenny, ambles by just yards from the front door.
The picturesque surroundings, combined with unrivalled tranquillity are also perfect for artists or writers seeking inspiration as well as nature enthusiasts and those with a love of history and archaeology.
Take a stroll along the tow path of the Barrow navigation, with its 23 Victorian locks, retrace the pilgrims' path to St.
Moling's Holy Well, and walk in Richard de Clare's footsteps atop the Norman Motte.
Further afield, a visit to the walled city of Kilkenny is a must, while Waterford City, the spectacular Hook Peninsula and beaches at Tramore and Dunmore East are all within easy reach.
This unique Carlow cottage is one that you'll want to return to again and again.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 2 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Roadside parking for 1 car at front
- Courtyard garden to front with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Cafe 1 min walk, pub 10 mins walk, shop 2 miles
- Note: The River Barrow runs 20 yards from the front of the property, so children must be supervised.
- Last minute
- “Excellent Stay”
- “A Fabulous, well appointed little cottage in an amazing location. Key Cottage is very cosy and warm, and well furnished. The cottage is set in an idyllic spot just by the rivers edge. The garden is small but just outside of the garden you have the whole of the riverside at your disposal. I recommend the café 30 seconds walk away and there is a great little shop just up the hill selling Irish food products. There are plenty of activities going on in or alongside the water, fishing, kayaking, picnicking, cycling, boating and walking, yet it is so peaceful at night. Very close to Graiguenamanagh, New Ross, Borris and Kilkenny for shopping, eating and sightseeing. Can't wait to return.”
- “Cozy cottage in idyllic location.”
- “This little cottage lived up to all my expectations and more. Like a Tardis it is much bigger inside than it looks from outside. There was everything we needed and the 3 bedrooms mean the accommodation is very versatile. Even the single bedrooms would have room for a cot. I was staying with my adult daughter and we enjoyed several evening meals in the sunny front garden. It was a delight to be so near the river and watch the Herons every day. The nearby cafe is charming and handy for taking lunch. Our first visit to Ireland was a great success.”
- “This was our 2nd visit to Key Cottage and hopefully we will be able to return again in the near future. The location beside the River Barrow which flows outside the cottage is beautiful. It is ideally situated for visiting southern Ireland. Would gladly recommend this holiday cottage to anyone.”
- “Absolutely loved the cottage and its setting, it was quiet, relaxed and stunning.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and so comfortable. Its location is just 20 meters from the River Barrow and was a perfect base for fabulous riverside walks. It was the most relaxing week we have ever had and we will certainly go there again.”
- “Key Cottage is in a beautiful location and the photos do not do it justice. Would recommend to all as a lovely relaxing cottage.”
- “The setting was beautiful and very peaceful, the cottage was excellent with lots of places nearby to visit. The owner was very helpful and took great care that we had everything we needed. It was one of the best cottages we have stayed in and we go to 8 to 10 a year, we highly recommend it.”
About the location
ST MULLINS, COUNTY CARLOW
New Ross 9 miles; Kilkenny 25 miles; Wexford 31 miles.
The chocolate box hamlet of St Mullins lies close to the River Barrow which forms the border of County Carlow and County Kilkenny. The hamlet exudes charm and character with a beautiful village green that harks back to yesteryear. The tow path along the River Barrow is a prime walking spot with a delightful little cafe ready to welcome you home after a long amble in glorious surroundings. The cities of Waterford and Kilkenny are within easy reach as is the wonderful county of Wexford with its rolling fields and unspoilt beaches. A beautiful holiday location.