- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Mohill 3.5 miles.
A beautifully appointed studio cottage, located next to the owners’ home, nestled amongst picturesque countryside near the village of Mohill, in County Leitrim.
Perfect for a relaxing, romantic getaway with your loved one, this characteristic Mohill cottage has been lovingly renovated to provide contemporary accommodation that you won’t fail to fall in love with.
This Mohill cottage offers a bright and airy, open plan living space with a sitting area, a dining area, where you can enjoy romantic, candlelit meals, and a delightful double bed.
With plenty of space to sit back and unwind after a day of exploring this wonderful area, there is also a stylish kitchen, well-equipped for rustling up tasty treats!
Outside, there is a patio garden with furniture where you can soak up the sunshine on fine summer days, and admire the exterior traditional stone aesthetic of this Mohill cottage.
There are many beautiful walks to enjoy, both from the doorstep of this Mohill cottage, and in the local area.
Venture into the Mohill itself, just a stone’s throw away, a hive of activity at night with plenty of pubs, bars and restaurants to enjoy.
The lively town of Carrick-on-Shannon is just a short drive away where you can find a variety of activities and amenities, from great outdoor fun at Lough Key Forest Park, to boat trips along Ireland’s longest river, the Shannon.
Venture to the superb Lough Rynn Castle Hotel, surrounded by more than 300 acres of stunning scenery, with glorious grounds and gardens to explore.
Practice your swing at the castle’s nearby Strandhill Golf Club or try your hand at some fishing and horse riding.
This splendid Mohill cottage provides the perfect, romantic base for couples exploring Ireland, all year round.
All ground floor. Open plan studio accommodation with double bed, sitting area and dining area. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Well-equipped peaceful base for North and West coast day trips”
- “The location of this cottage ensures that driving is relaxing with no problems from traffic or kangaroos, but still gives easy access to North and West coast attractions and is only a few miles from supermarket, pubs and restaurants and bigger towns (Carrick-on-Shannon or Longford). A comfortable bed, attractive decor and furnishings, good washing/drying/cooking facilities and Wi-Fi in this cottage were much appreciated for this stage of our trip. Ray, the very-helpful owner, was never more than a phone call away. Highly recommended as a peaceful base.”
- “Cozy, quaint, and comfortable.”
- “I absolutely loved it here. It was comfortable and quiet, the perfect getaway. I would book there again in a heartbeat. Next time I'm in Ireland, I hope to stay there again.”
- “The land of milk and honey”
- “This gem of a cottage is a very well and freshly appointed dwelling. It is perfectly located to capture the peace and quiet of remoteness and yet conveniently close to get out and about for shopping, site seeing and such. The cottage is a perfect place to relax and rest and have as a base from which to venture out and discover the land and enjoy mixing it up with the local people. The Mohill area offers the perfect opportunity to get a finger on the pulse of the island and her people in an "off the beaten path" manner. Carrick on Shannon is minutes away and offers great shopping and of course the lovely Shannon river environ. Dromod is a hop away and has a fantastic collection of historic railway equipment and other fascinating things too. There's quite a bit more to see and do in these parts as well. So to recap; this cottage and everything about it is most excellent. The proprietor is a mighty fine fellow too. I highly recommend a stay here.”
- “The cottage was lovely, more than big enough for two people. The owner was great too, we couldn't have asked for more, thanks.”
- “The Annexe provided the ideal accommodation for my purposes. It was in a good location, and very sensibly priced. The owner was really friendly and helpful in all respects, and I look forward to being able to stay there again in the future when I need to be in that area of Ireland.”
- “It was a lovely stay; cosy, warm and comfortable. Everything was clean and the property was gorgeous, I wish I could've stayed longer.”
- “A very quiet, comfortable and well equipped cottage. Perfect for a couple looking for a country escape.”
- “I had a most delightfully excellent holiday. Our stay at the Annexe Dereen Lodge was a big part of this, as it is an excellent offering in every aspect. This location is quiet and remote for a truly genuine sense of being off the beaten path, yet still being very cosy, comfortable and relaxing with it's elegant simplicity. This is an great place to stay, I look forward to being able to return, and I highly recommend.”
About the location
MOHILL, COUNTY LEITRIM
Carrick-on-Shannon 11 miles; Sligo 44 miles.
Mohill is a traditional Irish town located in the heart of County Leitrim, approximately 11 miles from Carrick-on-Shannon. The town itself is home to a number of shops and pubs, and is conveniently situated for exploring the rolling hills and crystal clear lakes of the surrounding countryside. Nearby Lough Rynn Castle is renowned as one of Ireland’s most luxurious castle hotels, with facilities including a cosy bar, a restaurant and gardens, which are all open to the public. Carrick-on-Shannon can be reached after a twenty minute drive, with excellent boating, fishing and walking available, and for golfers there is a wide selection of courses available in the surrounding area to suit players of all abilities. For a quiet countryside getaway this is the ideal location to visit.