- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, detached cottage, set on the owner's small working dairy farm, in the lush green countryside of the lakeside hamlet of Caher, near Flagmount in County Clare. Traditionally decorated and offering homely accommodation, this country cottage in Caher sits close to the shores of Lough Graney, and provides the perfect place to enjoy a rural break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With a variety of bedrooms offering flexible sleeping arrangements, including a ground floor double boasting an en-suite shower room, this Caher cottage is suitable for all ages and groups. The open plan living area has a well-equipped kitchen, so you can relax together over a hearty meal or discuss your holiday plans by the warmth of the woodburner. Situated next to the owner's farm, the entire area surrounding this Caher cottage exudes the charm of the country, and outside, the pretty garden offers a tranquil place to unwind. There is also a river running through the farm where you can enjoy riverside walks or trout fishing. The scattered hamlet of Caher boasts a picturesque pier and fishing stand jutting out into the glorious Lough Graney, and from here you can rent a boat and take your loved ones for a romantic cruise across the lake. The local pub frequently hosts traditional music, and is the hub where welcoming locals socialise. With mirror-like lakes, rich emerald fields and untouched countryside providing delightful walking routes, the explorer in you will be well-satisfied. Within easy reach are the towns of Ennis and Galway, which are bursting with the culture of the area, and why not take a day trip to the west coast of Clare and visit The Cliffs of Moher? In a quiet, beautiful location, this charming, traditional cottage in County Clare will be enjoyed by all.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x single, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area (seats 4) and sitting area (seats 6) with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Saorview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed, front lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Fully-fenced river for free trout fishing (bring own equipment and personal insurance)
- Shed with fridge for storing bait and fishing equipment
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Lakeshore and fishing stands 3 mins walk
- Note: Guests are required to adhere to the Irish Inland Fisheries bylaws regarding the number of fish you can keep
- Fly fishing is open ended and guests need personal insurance for hiring the boats on the lake
- Also there may be local fishermen fishing on the river
- Note: Although cut off from the owner's working dairy farm, please ensure children are supervised and dogs are kept on a lead, especially near the river.
- Last minute
About the location
FLAGMOUNT, COUNTY CLARE
Tulla 15 miles.
The quiet village of Flagmount lies parallel to the waters of Lough Graney, amid rolling hills and rich fertile countryside. The village boasts a shop and takes pride in its excellent fishing opportunities, attracting anglers from all corners of the globe. The numerous secluded fishing spots are the perfect place to launch your boat onto Lough Graney and relax in the peaceful surroundings. Flagmount neighbours the picturesque, rural hamlet of Caher, which also overlooks the lake, so don your walking boots or hop on your bike, and explore this delightful rural area of County Clare.