- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Ballyvaughan 2.5 miles.
A delightful, detached cottage situated in a scattered development, close to the coast, beach and lively harbour village of Ballyvaughan, County Clare.
This lovely Ballyvaughan cottage is decorated with charm and style, and has four light and airy bedrooms, a welcoming sitting room and a well-equipped kitchen, perfect for families or friends.
Benefiting from an elevated position, approx.
200' above sea level on Moneen Mountain, this Ballyvaughan cottage offers expansive views over Galway Bay to the front, while the unique landscape of The Burren is effectively on your doorstep.
Locally, you can enjoy the shops, pubs and restaurants in Ballyvaughan or the beach at Bishop's Quarter, whilst within an hour's drive are the majestic Cliffs of Moher and the cultural centre of the west, Galway City.
The picturesque village of Doolin is approximately one hour's drive away, with O'Connor's providing traditional Irish music sessions, while ferry services for day trips to and from the Aran Islands can also be enjoyed.
However you decide to spend your day, the cosy woodburning stove housed in the beautiful inglenook fireplace will help ease weary bones on your welcome return to this Ballyvaughan cottage.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with sea views, 1 x ground floor single, 1 x double with sea and mountain views and TV, 1 x double with mountain views. Ground floor bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room (seats 6) with dining area (seats 6) and woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, hob and grill, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, CDs playable through DVD, radio through Sky box, WiFi
- Library of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack of fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Front lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles.
- “I have returned to this property four times so that speaks for itself. What I love most about the house is the location and the fabulous views from every window - a wonderful place!”
- “Had a wonderful time in Ballyvaughan and this holiday home is simply amazing. So clean and comfortable.Thank you so much, we will be calling back some time soon.”
- “The property was ideally located for touring County Clare and The Burren. The views from the cottage were outstanding. I cannot fault this accommodation at all.”
- “I loved this cottage which truly lends itself to a wonderful time-out relaxing,reading and exploring the Burren. I especially love the wood burner.”
- “The location was just right, not too far from the local amenities. The views were stunning. The peace and quiet was just what we needed. We would definitely stay again.”
About the location
BALLYVAUGHAN, COUNTY CLARE
Burren National Park 13 miles; Cliffs of Moher 18 miles; Galway City 31 miles.
The village of Ballyvaughan on the shores of Galway Bay is situated in the Burren, County Clare. Historically, Ballyvaughan was a fishing and farming village, but today visitors are drawn to the village for hillwalking and cycling. Ballyvaughan has a farmers’ market, gift shops, traditional inns and restaurants, plus many events take place each year, including classic car rallys. The beach at Bishopsquarter is close by and boasts sailing and wind surfing. The area around the village has beautiful flora and fauna, many kinds of orchids, and a variety of wildlife. Within driving distance is the city of Galway, the Poulnabrone Dolmen burial tomb, the stunning Cliffs of Moher and the breathtaking Burren National Park. There is plenty to see and do at any time of year.