- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Corofin 1.5 miles. In the stunning Burren Region of County Clare, in the West of Ireland, sits Cragmoher House and Courtyard with its three self-catering holiday cottages. Located in a beautiful country setting on the southern edge of the Burren National Park, these three delightfully furnished Corofin cottages provide high quality accommodation for groups of up to 18 people. With one semi-detached cottage and two apartments (which are linked by an adjoining door), these Corofin cottages are perfect for discovering the local attractions. The Burren (from an Irish word "Boíreann" meaning a rocky place) is world renowned for its unique ecological environment, as it is an exposed Limestone Pavement, which is rich in herb and plant life and has some of the best wildflower meadows in all of Ireland. Set just 1.5 miles from the village of Corofin, with its local amenities, these Corofin cottages are also a perfect base for discovering the County Clare coastline. The seaside village of Lahinch is just 13 miles away from these Corofin cottages and has fine sandy beaches, an 18-hole championship golf course and numerous activities such as sea fishing, diving, surfing and sailing. From these Corofin cottages, you can also visit the Aran Islands or take a day trip to Spanish Point, named after the Spanish who died there in 1588, when many ships of the Spanish Armada were wrecked during the stormy weather. These are three superb Corofin cottages, which can be booked individually or as a group and provide welcoming accommodation, no matter what your reason is for visiting County Clare.
A high quality Corofin cottage in a delightful courtyard setting, decorated and furnished to a very high standard with two bedrooms (one with an en-suite bathroom) and a sofa bed in the living area. This property, completely refurbished in 2010, has open plan living accommodation with a modern kitchen, a sitting room, a fabulous exposed stone wall and a large picture window, which fills the former coach entrance. This Corofin cottage is light and airy, can sleep seven people and benefits from a large summer room at the rear of the property. This property adjoins Refs. 4608 and 4610, together they sleep 18.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower and basin, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting room with sofa bed. Summer room.
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, selection of books, DVDs, videos, children's toys, games and maps available
- Electricity winter surcharge (bands A, B, X, NY) charged at €30 per week, electricity summer surcharge (bands C, D, E, F, G, H, I) charged at €20 per week
- Winter oil surcharge (bands A, B, X, NY) charged at €30 per week
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Ample off road parking
- Patio area with picnic table
- One well-behaved small dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles in Corofin
- Note: Local Burren walking tours and evening babysitting available from the owner by prior arrangement.
- Last minute
- “Shabby chic and wonderful.”
- “Ok, we rented the entire property( stables, coach house and Gilies), for 17 friends of ours. We wanted a little something different than the usual boring hotel rooms and with Craig Moher ( or their business name is Escape to the burren). The houses were originally built in 1856 and this place is simply charming. It has a beautiful lake to the front and an amazing court yard. Very rustic, very charming. The only words our friends could say was - wow. The best part of renting it had to be this beautiful dining area we could all sit. It is just brilliant to have a bit of food and drinks and not have to worry about splitting expensive restaurant bills. I am a tough reviewer- so this place won its 5 stars. There are some quirky things that I would point out. I don't think they will be a problem for some but were for me. We mentioned this to the owner and so I have no doubt as a business man he will response proactively to feedback but one thing I did not like was that there was only one key per house. The intention would be that you give the owner Martin the key when you leave and come back. Now I am the type of person that wants to get the keys and be left to our own devices and not have to ask for keys and what not. I like my privacy and so this is a personal bug bare. They were of course very friendly but if this is one thing they could change their approach on, that would make the place- 100% perfect. By day 5 I will admit to being very short with the owner being asked again who was staying and going- just far far far too intrusive for me and I think that they need to understand that when you rent a place to people you need to give up a little control and simple things like giving people a key to where they are staying is simply expected. We also noticed a habit that I would respectively suggest they stop doing. They have a habit of walking into the house.- for example, we had a photo shoot with girl friends in the house and the owner and his wife in the house stayed to watch! As typical Irish we said nothing but that was a bit intrusive for me. Would totally recommend the place but if you want to book probably best to cover off the areas above in advance with Martin before booking if this is something that is likely to annoy you. We will be back again.”
- “Great stay in this beautiful place”
- “The place is beautifully decorated. Two living rooms, in fact one of them is a former terrace, but completely enclosed and covered with a glass / polycarbonate roof collecting every single bit of the Irish sun. Kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need, including dishwasher and washing machine. Two showers (but only one toilet). We enjoyed very much staying here.”
- “Great stay in this beautiful place”
- “The place is beautifully decorated. Two living rooms, in fact one of them is a former terrace, but completely enclosed and covered with a glass / polycarbonate roof collecting every single bit of the Irish sun. Kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need, including dishwasher and washing machine. Two showers (but only one toilet). We enjoyed very much staying here. Easy booking directly via the owner (burrenescape.com).”
- “Beautiful house”
- “I stayed last weekend in the Coach House at Cragmoher House. The location is lovely and we were very impressed with the Coach House in terms of space and decor. There were 7 of us so I had worried that we woudl be cramped but that certainly was not the case. Martin the owner is friendly, chatty and informative. I would have no hesitation in recommending Cragmoher to others and have even booked the small one-bedroomed Ghillies cottage onsite for our honeymoon! The only issue we had was the fact that the house, while having 2 shower rooms, has just one toilet - not fun when there's a large group staying!”
About the location
COROFIN, COUNTY CLARE
Ennis 9 miles; Lahinch 13 miles; Doolin 17 miles; Shannon Airport 23 miles.
Described as the southern gateway to the Burren (one of Europe's most distinctive limestone landscapes), the pretty village of Corofin peacefully rests on the River Fergus and offers a good range of shops, pubs and eateries, whilst providing home to the Clare Heritage Centre in St. Catherine's Church. Famous for its music, with festivals occurring throughout the year, this charming village also provides easy access to the visitor centre at Dysert O' Dea castle, where the 15th century round tower and renovated castle accommodate a delightful museum and tea room. The surrounding area is great for hill walking and cycling, whilst the golf course at the seaside resort of Lahinch is worth a visit. With fishing on the River Fergus and in the twelve lakes scattered throughout the area, The Cliffs of Moher, trips to the Aran Islands, Craggaunowen and Bunratty Castle all easily accessible, this lovely location has plenty to offer!