- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Doolin 1.5 miles.
A traditional Irish cottage, in the townland of Doonagore, close to the fishing village of Doolin, on the west coast of County Clare.
This Doolin cottage is steeped in history and is most renowned as the birthplace of the famous Russell family, one of the best-known traditional family musicians from Ireland.
The lives of the three Russell brothers are celebrated with a musical festival every February in the village.
The cottage is in a fantastic cliff-top location, with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and towards the Cliffs of Moher from the large picture window in the kitchen.
This Doolin cottage has been lovingly renovated and furnished to retain its Irish character including flagged floors in one of the bedrooms and in the sitting room.
In the sitting room you will also see many photos and memorabilia from Russell family history, along with the large stone hearth and solid fuel stove, high vaulted ceiling and sash windows, which all add to the history and charm of this fantastic Doolin cottage.
The coastal path for the Cliffs of Moher can be accessed directly from the owner's land, and just five miles away from this lovely Irish cottage is the Lahinch Golf Course and the unique Burren region.
Lahinch beach is also close by.
You will adore this superb Doolin cottage, whatever time of year you visit.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms: 1 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single with sea views and doors to patio, 1 x king-size double. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area, sea views and doors to patio. Sitting room with pull-out bed and solid fuel stove.
- Oil central heating with solid fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent Apr to Sep inclusive, charged by meter reading with first €30 inc. in rent from Oct to Mar
- Starter pack for solid fuel stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Bike storage
- Rural garden with front and rear patio, furniture, BBQ and sea views
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1.5 miles
- Beach 5 miles
- Note: Children to be supervised outside due to nearby stream and craggy land
- Note: Steep drive down to cottage.
About the location
DOOLIN, COUNTY CLARE
Lisdoonvarna 5 miles.
The seaside fishing village of Doolin lies on the rugged Atlantic Ocean and is surrounded by the Burren limestone landscape. Doolin is world-renowned as the home of traditional Irish music and holds annual music festivals, attracting musicians from far and wide. The village has stunning cliff-top walks along the Burren Way to the famous Cliffs of Moher, and an intriguing underground cavern system in Doolin’s Cave. Lahinch offers a great links golf course and beach nearby . There are numerous watersports available including sea fishing, diving, surfing and sailing, or take a day trip to the spectacular Aran Islands, or an evening cruise along the coast to the Cliffs of Moher for a stunning spectacle. Jump in the car or on a mountain bike and enjoy the scenery along one of the many winding coastal roads. With an abundance of activities, and numerous music pubs to enjoy the craic, you will not be short of something new to enjoy in Doolin.