- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Doonbeg 1.5 miles.
This welcoming detached bungalow is situated in the townland of Caherfeenick South, just 1.5 miles from the village of Doonbeg in County Clare.
Boasting views of Doonbeg Golf Club, this cottage offers suitable accommodation for families and groups of friends.
The sitting room has an oil range stove, so why not curl up on the sofa and relax with a good book after enjoying a home-cooked meal?
Alternatively, take a trip into Doonbeg and treat yourself to a meal in one of the restaurants, or experience some traditional Irish music in one of the pubs.
Guests staying at this County Claire cottage have the added bonus of playing on the outstanding Doonbeg golf course, which is only a few minutes' walk away and discounted rounds can be arranged with the owner.
Also within walking distance is a sandy beach, plus there are a number of activities that can be enjoyed locally, including surfing, horse riding and sea fishing, and the wonderful Burren National Park is within driving distance.
A delightful Doonbeg cottage in an area that has something for everyone.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single with open fire. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast table. Sitting room with dining area and oil range.
- Oil central heating with oil range and open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Saorview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Beach and golf club 3 mins walk
- Note: Discounted rounds of golf at Doonbeg Golf Club can be arranged with the owner.
- “If you are looking for a spacious quiet place, with beautiful fields around you and close by the sea, you will not be disappointed here. There's even a small shop up the road, in walking distance from the bungalow. Everything, as in the sights, are all less than an hour away, you would be mad not to book this place, it was exactly what we were after. Having the opportunity to stay in a top class place made our holiday even more special and happy. The photos don't show much of this place but do not be fooled, it is a class place to stay. We cannot thank the owner enough for his hospitality, help and kindness. We will return!”
- “We had a fantastic time at the Golf Club View cottage. The house was lovely and in a great location. We loved visiting the beach which was just down the road and it was a great base for visiting other attractions like the Cliffs of Moher and The Burren. The owner met us to hand over the key and was very helpful and friendly. Thank you once again..we loved it.”
About the location
DOONBEG, COUNTY CLARE
Kilrush 7 miles.
The village of Doonbeg (meaning small fort) in County Clare grew up around the remains of Doonbeg Castle, which was built in the 16th century. The village and surrounding area offer a good variety of pubs (many providing traditional Irish music), while for golf enthusiasts, Greg Norman's course at Doughmore, the Doonbeg Golf Club Course, is open for some of the finest golf in the world. Local walks highlight the area's natural beauty, or try exploring the white sand beaches from horseback. Doughmore Strand and Spanish Point are renowned for quality surfing, while the towns of Kilrush and Carrigaholt offer boat trips for dolphin watching. With fishing, deep sea angling, boat charter, the West Clare Railway, the International Jazz Festival over Whit weekend and Willie Keane Memorial, which takes place during the weekend of the October bank holiday and offers traditional Irish music, song and dance, you will find plenty of ways to spend your holiday in this beautiful part of Ireland.