- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Cross 1 mile.
Situated just a short walk from the peaceful village of Cross, on the breathtaking Loop Head Peninsula in County Clare, is this quaint, detached cottage.
This delightful Clare cottage has been tastefully decorated and lovingly furnished throughout to offer a fantastic base for your West of Ireland holiday.
A great night’s sleep will be had in each of the three well-presented bedrooms and after a fun-filled day rambling across the region, a relaxing evening can be had wining and dining in the kitchen or sitting room, which is complemented by a cosy gas stove.
The rear garden of this cottage near Cross is home to a sun trap patio with furniture; a superb spot to enjoy a refreshing drink in the evening sun with the sea views in the distance.
The village of Cross is one of three villages in the Loop Head family, along with Kilbaha and Carrigaholt.
Cross has a local shop and friendly pub, and is only a short distance from the lighthouse at Loop Head which attracts tourists from all over.
This finger of land juts out into the Atlantic Ocean and stunning seascapes can be enjoyed from all parts, along with scenic walks and some of Clare’s most beautiful cycle routes.
Nearby, the seaside village of Kilkee is home to a family-friendly beach which is perfect for swimming and romantic strolls, and if you have a good head for heights, the Kilkee Cliff Walk is certainly worth a visit.
Kilkee also boasts a selection of pubs and restaurants that serve delicious locally-sourced, home-cooked food to tickle your taste buds!
Bring your camera, bring your walking boots, but most importantly bring yourselves to this delightful West Clare cottage!
Mostly ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x first floor family room with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Sitting room with gas stove.
- Oil central heating with gas stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Free-to-air channels, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent Apr - Oct, €20 supplement Nov - Mar, payable direct to owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking in courtyard next to cottage for 2 cars
- Lawned gardens with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: There are farm sheds nearby, children to be supervised
- Note: Max
- 2 adults in family room.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous Cottage, a home from home, better equipped than a hotel!”
- “We had a wonderful stay at this cottage. There is a lovely homely atmosphere in the cottage and it is equipped with everything you could possible need and more! Didn't get to enjoy the garden too much due to the showery weather but the view is fantastic. The little ones loved the upstairs bedroom and used it as their own little den (elves house). We will be back!!”
- “A real gem on the Loop Head Peninsula”
- “We were so happy with this cottage. Homely, very well equipped , really comfortable . Bright and spacious, with a great master bedroom . The kids loved the upstairs bedroom and the large garden and can't wait to get back. Super to return to after long walks . Beautiful unspoilt area. Great location , lots of do. Don't say we didn't tell you !”
- “Loved the cottage and the location was perfect for a wonderful, stress free holiday.”
- “It's a lovely welcoming home; warm, cosy and very nicely equipped. The views from the cottage are to die for! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend and will definitely return to this hidden jewel of Ireland that is the Loop Peninsula. FANTASTIC.”
- “Had terrific views from the living room. It was a home away from home, with everything you need for a perfect getaway on Loop's Head. Very friendly people.”
- “A beautiful, comfortable, well cared for cottage with a fantastic panoramic view. It was equipped with everything you could want and more. We loved our stay.”
- “Everything we wished for was available in the cottage, it was excellent!”
About the location
CROSS, COUNTY CLARE
Carrigaholt 2.8 miles; Kilkee 8.7 miles.
The quiet village of Cross is located along the breathtaking Loop Head Peninsula, a slender finger of land that extends into the Atlantic Ocean, embracing some of Ireland’s supremely stunning coastlines, and awarded by The Irish Times as the Best Holiday Destination in Ireland, 2013. The village has a pub and a shop, and is mainly recognised as one of only three communities on this stunning headland. Rinevilla Beach is just a stone's throw away, whilst Kilkee Beach and Haugh’s Beach, a hidden gem, are both superb, friendly-family destinations for those who fancy sunbathing, swimming or quiet walks by the shore. The neighbouring villages of Kilbaha and Carrigaholt are home to friendly pubs that serve delicious food, along with the award-winning restaurants, and you will also find the Loop Head Lighthouse, a popular attraction in West Clare, which has been inspiring tourists for many years. The area is famed for its rugged seascapes, excellent seafood and raw natural beauty, and provides a perfect location for discovering Clare’s enchanting coast.