- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Kilmihil 1 mile. This delightful, detached, single-storey cottage is set in a rural location overlooking green fields, close to the village of Kilmihil in County Clare, and only 8 miles from the beach. With two cosy bedrooms, this Kilmihil cottage is great for a romantic retreat, or for friends and families looking to get away from it all. This Kilmihil cottage has been furnished to a good standard and boasts a range cooker in the fitted kitchen, inviting you to sample some home cooking with the fine local ingredients that Ireland is famed for. The comfortable sitting room at this Kilmihil cottage offers an open fire where you can curl up with a glass of wine at the end of an evening before retiring to the warm and inviting bedrooms, which retain their open fireplaces. County Clare is renowned for its beaches with excellent surfing at Lahinch, and Carrigaholt with its dolphin watching experiences. The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren National Park and the busy towns of Ennis, Shannon and Limerick, are all within easy reach. You're sure to enjoy your holiday at this beautiful Kilmihil cottage.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 2 x double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with open fire.
Oil central heating with open fire. Range-style cooker with electric oven and 5-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine in utility, TV with FreeSat, DVD, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lawned garden with patio area, furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shops and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Idyllic cottage, exquisite sunsets, blackberries...cows...birdsong....heavenly!”
- “Gronwee is one of the best cottages I have ever stayed in. It is beautifully equipped and furnished, located in rolling countryside in the heart of County Clare, accessible to the stunning coastline, and also the strange and fascinating Burren region, further north. We had our collie cross with us, who enjoyed every minute, especially the large garden which she loved to explore, and have a run on the grass with the ball. Further afield, the Cliffs of Moher are spectacular, both from the sea in a boat trip from Doolin, and walking the Burren Way along the top. Vandeleur Gardens and woodland are also lovely, in Kilrush, and the Loop Peninsular coastline is as awesome as Moher....not to be missed! And the people of Ireland are unfailingly courteous, kind and friendly....what a fabulous country. I highly recommend Gronwee Cottage and County Clare....hurry up and book it!”
- “Friendly people ...lush countryside”
- “Wicked week in the county if Clare Cottage and people excellent”
- “Eccentric and wonderful”
- “This cottage isn't for everyone. If you're after something sterile and squeakily clean you should look elsewhere. If you're after personality, individuality and a place to make your home, book here! As soon as I walked in I knew we had made the right decision. All the owner's artworks, CDs, books, mismatched plates and glasses - just fantastic! The back garden is overgrown but that didn't worry me. It backed on to fields with cows and was totally serene. I loved everything, right down to the funky bath mat! It was a wonderful base to discover County Clare and we even had wonderful Irish sunshine. No internet, but I loved being able to wash all my clothes and get them dry.”
- “Great base for day trips around the west of Ireland.”
- “Gronwee Cottage is a comfortable and quiet base for day trips around the west of Ireland. The Cliffs of Moher or the Burren for Example are only a short car journey away. The cottage has got a big kitchen with everything you need, a big bathroom, a nice living room area with TV and provides games, books, CDs and DVDs for boring evenings. The two bedrooms have got doublebeds, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend the cottage to a family but rather to two couples or friends. The whole cottage is very nicely and detailed decorated and there is also a big garden area for sunny days.”
- “Gronwee Cottage was centrally located for all day excursions in the County Clare region. It was well stocked with all the crockery and cutlery that you would need, definitely a home away from home.”
- “This cottage has "personality and soul." We felt extremely comfortable in this wonderful cottage, and had two fantastic weeks there! We had great walks in County Clare, and especially enjoyed the "Cliffs of Kilkee."”
- “Our stay at Gronwee Cottage was very enjoyable. It was secluded but within a few minutes drive from local amenities. The cottage was clean, comfortable and very homely. Had all the quaintness but with all the mod cons. There was plenty to see and do within driving distance. The bonus was that the dogs were at home and enjoyed the garden which they don't have at home! Would recommend to anybody looking to get away from all the hustle and bustle. Directions were very clear and precise.”
- “we enjoyed our week in Co Clare. We travelled extensively, covering 1500 miles of beautiful and changing scenery from the cliffs at Moher and The Burren and down to the Ring of Kerry and Bantry Bay. Always returning to our lovely cottage which was full of charm and it felt like a home from home. Had lovely gardens and the bonus of a proper bathroom and the open fire bliss. Will definitely be returning and cannot recommend it highly enough.”
- “We have family in Kilmihil so it was lovely to be able to visit without putting anybody out. The cottage was beautifully decorated, I loved the personal touches - the artwork, the DVD collection/CDs/books etc. The owner was very accommodating and relaxed about everything. It was definitely a home-from-home.”
- “The views from the property are spectacular and the cottage was very homely.”
- “This was a really lovely cottage, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and would highly recommend it.”
- “Gronwee Cottage is an exceptional property to find on this rental market. It is obviously the private and much loved home of its owner, everything about it reflects the pride and care of an owner who must find it hard to risk letting it to unknown tourists. As a group of three plus one little toddler, we were delighted it was available for the week. Should an opportunity arise to visit West County Clare again I would try very hard to get it on the itinerary. The Garden is in process of development but is already very attractive. It will be beautiful when finished!”
- “The cottage was beautiful. Our absolute perfect holiday cottage. It not only looked beautiful it had a lovely calm feel to it. Hope to book for our Honeymoon next Spring and stay 2 weeks.”
- “Gronwee Cottage is beautiful. The décor and furnishings are wonderfully eclectic, homely and welcoming, the attention to detail is gratefully appreciated. The fact that the dog was welcome was fantastic. When the fire is lit the living room is very cosy, the heating does what it should. The location is a rural idyll where you can isolate yourself if you like, yet still be within driving distance of all that Clare has to offer.”
About the location
KILMIHIL, COUNTY CLARE
Kilrush 10 miles; Killimer 12 miles; Kilkee 17 miles; Ennis 18 miles; Shannon Airport 30 miles.
Kilmihil is a pretty village located in the west of County Clare and is renowned for its Holy Shrine, attracting many pilgrims due to its "blessed" water. It is the perfect location if you are looking for a quiet base for your holiday whilst still being within easy reach of all of the popular attractions in County Clare. The pretty coastal town of Kilkee can be easily reached in a short drive and has a sandy beach, great surfing and a fantastic leisure centre open year round. There are a number of other coastal villages to be discovered in the area, each with their own unique character and charm, and the world famous Cliffs of Moher are well worth a visit. Golfers will find a number of world class courses throughout the county and there are ample opportunities for fishing and water sports. County Kerry can be easily reached using the convenient ferry service from the nearby village of Killimer, with a further wealth of opportunities for fabulous days out.