- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Tulla 2.6 miles. This detached Georgian farmhouse cottage, set on a working cattle farm, is located in a beautiful rural setting, close to the village of Tulla, and near to Ennis in County Clare. This superb cottage near Tulla is beautifully furnished throughout to provide spacious accommodation which is ideal for families and friends to enjoy time together in this beautiful part of Ireland. Set over two floors, this lovely cottage near Tulla has four bedrooms, including two doubles with en-suite shower rooms, one of which is on the ground floor. There are also two zip/link twin rooms giving ample flexibility for any group. A sun room, with a seating area and a small dining area, leads to a kitchen with a large, family dining table set in front of an original decorative fireplace. Upstairs, a second sitting area, accessed by a spiral staircase, has stunning views from a fantastic balcony with furniture. After a busy day exploring, the utility room in the cottage has drying facilities for wet clothes, and a place to leave your muddy boots. Outside this delightful cottage near Tulla are courtyard gardens to the front and rear where seasonal produce is grown for you to enjoy. Fabulous walks are available from this superb County Clare cottage, and well-stocked loughs are nearby for a spot of fishing. Head to the local towns of Ennis and Gort where traditional music is a regular feature in the friendly bars and pubs. Visit Lough Derg for cruises and watersports, take a trip to Limerick city for history and culture, and a visit to the Clare coast just an hour away, is a must with glorious beaches and spectacular views! All this before returning to this special farmhouse cottage near Tulla, a great choice for a break at any time of year!
Four bedrooms: 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC (one on ground floor), 2 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over and hand-held attachment, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sun room with dining area (seats 4) and sitting area (seats 5). First floor sitting room (seats 5).
- Eco-friendly central heating from external multi-fuel stove with underfloor heating on the ground floor and radiators on the first floor
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TV (one with Free-to-air channels and one with Saorview), DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Courtyard gardens
- Balcony with furniture (seats 4)
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.6 miles
- Note: Guests are welcome to pick seasonal produce from the garden, subject to availability
- Note: Dog kennels available on request
- “The welcome received was as warm as the house itself. A delightful owner was on hand. An ideal house to totally relax in a wonderful area, ideal for touring with easy access to all the attractions in the vicinity. The house itself was an absolute credit to the owner and her husband, every extra was thought of and the beds, we all agreed, were the most comfortable of any cottage we had ever stayed in. Having a wonderful productive organic vegetable garden right outside the door and being encouraged to use the produce was a bonus. A lovely house in a great location owned by warm, genuinely friendly people that I would recommend to anybody.”
- “The cottage was everything we expected, and the welcome we got from the owners was so warm and genuine. The area around Tulla was peaceful and serene, and most of the people we met were very friendly and helpful. It was also a good launching point for our visits to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren Way.”
- “Good value for money. In a great area, beautiful. Wonderful hostess and host, had a warm welcome. Hope to return one day, overall fantastic people and helpful with wonderful hospitality.”
- “The cottage was situated in a great location, with lots to see and do, all within driving distance. Galway, Limerick, and my favourite town, Ennis. Shopping for groceries in Tulla was very convenient and the home owners were very friendly and helpful.”
About the location
TULLA, COUNTY CLARE
Ennis 11.5 miles; Limerick 21 miles.
Tulla, or An Tullach, meaning 'hill' is a town in east County Clare, and is famous for its numerous lakes and fantastic fishing opportunities, as well as its live music. Nearby, the old town of Ennis with its meandering streets and lively market square is a great place to pick up a unique souvenir from one of the boutiques, or enjoy a sumptuous meal in one of the tantalising restaurants. There are many fantastic days out within easy travelling distance of Tulla, including the majestic Cliffs of Moher, which rise out of the Atlantic far below, Aillwee Cave, Ireland's premier show cave, Bunratty Castle and Folk Park where you can turn back time and experience Ireland in days gone by, and 15th century Knappogue Castle and Gardens, a magnificent medieval round tower and castle with walled gardens. Other places of interest in County Clare include scenic Killaloe, Lough Derg, the famous Cullaun Lake, home to the Cullaun Sailing Club, the old, historic market town of Gort and the city of Limerick, which boasts King’s John’s Castle and Thomond Park, home to Munster Rugby Club. With the Loop Head Peninsula and Aran Islands within easy touring distance, Tulla is a great base for an Irish getaway.