- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Tallow 2 miles. This delightful, stone-built, thatched cottage is set in 3 acres of woodland, two miles from the centre of Tallow in County Waterford. This Tallow cottage offers two spacious bedrooms comprising two doubles, one with an en-suite bathroom. A fully fitted kitchen forms the hub of this Tallow cottage which also includes a tiled dining room, a sitting room with a sofa bed and a further sitting room with leather sofas and a woodburner, offering the ideal place to sit and relax after a day spent exploring this delightful area. Outside this Tallow cottage is a private garden and access to 3 acres of partly landscaped gardens and woodland. Across the road there is access to a secluded stream and path at the bottom of the woodland hill. If you are looking for an idyllic thatched cottage straight from the cover of a chocolate box, this Tallow cottage that will leave you with fantastic memories of your holiday in County Waterford.
Two double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC). Ground floor bathroom with roll-top bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast table (seats 4). Utility. Dining room with gas stove. Sitting room with woodburner. Second sitting room with double sofa bed.
- Gas central heating with woodburner in sitting room and gas fire in dining room
- Electric double oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- All fuel, power and wood for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Bike storage
- Patio and garden with furniture and BBQ in purpose built BBQ area at rear of house
- Two well-behaved pets welcome (kennel available if required)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and restaurants 2 miles.
- “Lovely in every way”
- “We stayed at Gingerbread cottage the first week in August. The cottage is set in a lovely location, far enough into the countryside for peace and tranquillity yet close enough to civilisation so as not to leave you feeling isolated, with Tallow only a 5 min drive away. The cottage itself is set in lovely surroundings and although the weather was not good enough for us to enjoy the outside area, I can imagine in nice weather that it would be a lovely place to relax and unwind outside. The interior of the cottage is simply lovely, with some very interesting ornaments adorning the various rooms. We didn't expect to need the log fire but there were a couple of evenings when the weather was really dire and so we lit the fire. It really made a difference and we were really cosy playing our board games. It is by far the most well stocked cottage we've ever stayed at. It has everything you could possibly need. There was plenty of toilet paper in both bathrooms, (nothing worse than arriving somewhere only to find one and a half toilet rolls or even worse, none at all!). There were dishcloths a scourer and tea towels in the kitchen, washing up liquid as well as plenty of dishwasher tablets and detergent for the washing machine. There were DVD's and a couple of drawers full of CD's. There is a CD/radio in the kitchen and it was lovely to listen to the radio in the morning. All the kitchen utensils you could possibly need were there. These things all made our stay totally hassle free and I only wish more places realised what a difference these little touches make. The owner was a marvel and put up with us phoning with queries about the hot water and sent a plumber out straight away to check that everything was as it should be for us. The cottage was spotless for us when we arrived and on the day we were due to leave, although we had vacated the cottage by ten o'clock as we were meant to, we had not finished loading up our vehicle. The cleaners arrived as we were doing this and were absolutely lovely, telling us not to worry and to take our time. When we arrived back in Wales, my son realised he had left his neck chain behind that was given to him by his Grandfather. He knew where he had left it and so once again we contacted the owner. The chain was found and the lovely owner is going to post it back to us. The cottage is ideally located and we made the most of every day by getting out and about. We visited the Mitchelstown Caves which were a definite must. We all enjoyed the visit, including the teenagers! We explored the local area as well as a few places further afield. We visited Waterford and took a tour of the Waterford Crystal factory. We also visited the Viking triangle and went up the tower. All these were worth a visit and good value for money. We also visited Dungarvan, An Rinn, Ardmore and Youghal. All these were not too far away and all well worth a visit. Further afield we visited the Cliffs of Moher, which took about 2.5 hours to get there. The cliffs were majestic and once again, we all enjoyed the visit, including the teenagers. We also visited Dingle to see Fungie the dolphin. It took about 3.25 hours to get to Dingle but was well worth it as we felt very fortunate to see Fungie. Although both the Cliffs of Moher and Dingle are not much more than 100 miles from the cottage, it's the country roads that extend the journey. No dual carriageways! However, if you're up to the drive then the journey is absolutely worth it and the scenery is breathtaking. Another thing I must add is that getting out and about was really easy and nowhere was difficult to find. All in all we had a lovely stay and although the weather wasn't great it did nothing to spoil our holiday as there were so many places we could visit. I highly recommend Gingerbread Cottage.”
- “Charming Cottage in a tranquil setting”
- “My family and I spent five days over Christmas in this cottage. The owner gave excellent directions to the cottage and had the heating on when we arrived. The cottage is in a stunning location which was very peaceful and tranquil. The property itself is charming it has a very traditional feeling and decor but all mod cons. The cottage has a large living area with a wood burning stove and plenty of seating for families. The cottage has a large kitchen which has everything you need for your stay we were surprised at how well stocked the kitchen was with all the cutlery, glasses and cooking utensils you need. There is also a stunning dining room with an open fire, sofa and a piano. Upstairs the cottage has two stunning bedrooms with the most comfortable beds imaginable. One bedroom has an en suite. There is a bathroom downstairs too with an electric shower and roll top bath. The grounds of the property are lovely and we had our little dog with us who loved being out in the secure garden. There are woods and a stream facing the property and plenty of stunning walks to be done. The local village Tallow has well stocked shops, pubs and take away. The local people were very helpful and lovely to us all throughout our stay. We also drove to Youghal which is a twenty minute drive and is a lovely town as is Fermoy which has a lovely shopping street and large supermarkets, pubs etc. We travelled with two kids who loved the cottage. We would recommend this cottage 100% it has so many little touches that make it a very comfortable stay. We will be returning for sure.”
- “A beautiful cottage in a wonderful rural woodland setting”
- “Highly recommend this cottage. It is full of character with lovely gardens in a most secluded location but just two miles from nearest well stocked supermarket. It is very homely with lots of quirky decorative items about the place and very well equipped. There is a network of leafy lanes through rolling farmland for the nature lover to enjoy. No need to budge, but if you do want to, Lismore and the Knockmealdowns are there to explore and only 20 minutes away. An unusual feature was that the owner made no fuss about the place, none of the usual notes about what to do and what not to do that go with holiday lets in my experience. This made the stay very relaxed and homely. The greeter was very pleasant and helpful.”
- “The Cottage was filled with enchanting items and a very high standard of General utensils. The property is large and warm and both my fellow travellers who had trusted my choice of venue were so impressed with its visage and interior. This is a great plan and we will return to it again, just magic.”
- “The cottages was excellent, its in a great position with gardens to enjoy sitting out in. We have no complaints, only wish there was dates available in September to go again”
- “This is beautiful accommodation in an idyllic setting, loved the early morning bird song. It was safe for my dogs with plenty of room in the rest of the garden for them to run around. It really is a gingerbread cottage, you feel you're in the middle of the woods. Loved it.”
- “My family and I spent five days over Christmas in this cottage. The owner gave excellent directions to the cottage and had the heating on when we arrived. The cottage is in a stunning location which was very peaceful and tranquil. The property itself is charming; it has a very traditional feeling and décor but all mod cons. The cottage has a large living area with a wood burning stove and plenty of seating for families. The cottage has a large kitchen which has everything you need for your stay we were surprised at how well stocked the kitchen was with all the cutlery, glasses and cooking utensils you need. There is also a stunning dining room with an open fire, sofa and a piano. Upstairs the cottage has two stunning bedrooms with the most comfortable beds imaginable. One bedroom has an en suite. There is a bathroom downstairs too with an electric shower and roll top bath. The grounds of the property are lovely and we had our little dog with us who loved being out in the secure garden. There are woods and a stream facing the property and plenty of stunning walks to be done. The local village Tallow has well stocked shops, pubs and take away. The local people were very helpful and lovely to us all throughout our stay. We also drove to Youghal which is a twenty minute drive and is a lovely town as is Fermoy which has a lovely shopping street and large supermarkets, pubs etc. We travelled with two kids who loved the cottage. We would recommend this cottage 100% it has so many little touches that make it a very comfortable stay. We will be returning for sure.”
- “I absolutely loved this cottage, an absolute jewel of a find. It was perfect for our spooky Halloween weekend. We had a ball, it was perfect in every way. Will definitely return. 5 gold stars!”
- “Location - Ireland is great!”
- “The peaceful location was exactly what we were looking for, the grounds surrounding the property were very secure and our dog had a wonderful time, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to get out of the rat race for a while and recharge the batteries.”
- “Wonderfully quaint but so fully functional. Our family dream would be two weeks at Gingerbread Cottage twice a year, every year. My family thinks I'm a travel genius thanks to this sweet cottage.”
- “Stayed here for a Christmas break, fab walks for our dogs, fab cottage, would love to return. Totally fab cosy and cute both myself and my wife really enjoyed our stay.”
- “Idyllic cottage. Very pet friendly”
- “We arrived in Tallow after 9pm, the owner made sure we were met in town and taken to the cottage, which I really appreciated. The cottage was beautifully quirky and had everything we needed ie: bedding, cooking and heating. I absolutely loved the place. but, it is extremely isolated which to me added to the charm of the cottage.”
About the location
TALLOW, COUNTY WATERFORD
Lismore 5 miles; Fermoy 12 miles; Youghal 13 miles; Dungarvan 20 miles.
Tallow is a small village set in the most westerly part of County Waterford in a deep valley on the Blackwater Valley Scenic Drive. The Tallow Horse Fair is one of the oldest in Ireland and takes place on the 3rd of September each year. Tallow is just 6 miles from Lismore, which is a lively heritage town, boasting both an imposing castle with glorious Jacobean gardens, and a 17th Century hilltop cathedral. Everything is on offer here from arts and crafts to live pub music, and choices of recommended eateries, as well as a renowned golf course close by. Down on the spectacular coastline between Youghal and Dungarvan there are beaches, bays and cliff tops in abundance to explore. Visit the city of Waterford, home to the world famous exquisite crystal factory and offering a huge choice of shops, pubs and restaurants along its quays and backstreets. Enjoy golf, cycling, walking or riding, visit the area's castles, historic houses or spectacular gardens, or simply relax and enjoy the peace.