- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lismore 3 miles. A welcoming, semi-detached cottage on a working sheep, cattle and fruit farm, set amidst wonderful countryside, 1.5 miles from Tallow, and 3 miles from the historic town of Lismore.
With views over rolling fields leading down to the River Bride, this cosy, well-equipped cottage has been decorated and furnished to a good standard, including a sun lounge, and a comfortable open plan living area with a warming open fire.
Guests can make friends with Rosie the donkey, or take a stroll down to the river, where trout fishing is available.
Lismore has an imposing castle, lovely riverside park, good selection of eateries, arts and crafts outlets, plus a golf course and equestrian centre.
Blue Flag beaches at Dungarvan or Youghal are within easy reach, or why not visit the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle?
A lovely Ireland cottage for a memorable break.
Note: This cottage is next to Ref 3695 and together they accommodate 13.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, both with TVs. Shower room with shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with open fire. Sun lounge.
Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room. Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs, DVD, CD, books/games, WiFi. Oil, electricity and fuel for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Ample off road parking. Lawned garden with lovely views, furniture and BBQ (on request). Trout fishing available by arrangement with owner (rods available to purchase locally). One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop, restaurant and pub 1.5 miles. Note: Water supply is from local borehole.
- Last minute
- “Visit to Ireland.”
- “We visited Ireland in March 2014 & stayed at the Granary for 2 weeks. Could not have picked a better a place to stay. The owner Willie McDonnell was a real nice man, very helpful & courteous. Although you are on a working farm, this did not spoil our vacation in any way at all, if fact is was nice to see all the new lambs running around to fields which surround the cottage. The cottage is nicely located within an easy drive of all the area has to offer, which is a lot . We liked it so much in Ireland that we are moving there soon. Barrie & Maureen Pook.”
- “Brilliant break”
- “We stayed in The Granary for one week in June 2011 - welcomed by the nicest man ever Willie. He made us feel very welcome and talked us through everything we might need to know about the house and the neighbouring area. We had our 3 year old Grandson with us and he loved it and Rosie THE DONKEY being the favourite with him - such a lovely donkey. - he also loved seeing the calfs,cows and sheep. We travelled all over the South of Ireland during our week and cant say enough about how friendly everyone we found everyone. Cant wait to get back to visit sometime in the future. Doing our best to get back later this year. Also looking at bringing some people I work with down for a short break . Thank-you to Willie.”
- “Best views and location ever.”
- “Peaceful and relaxing in an amazingly beautiful setting. This is the best equipped holiday cottage that we have ever stayed in. Also the owner, Mr MacDonnell, is most welcoming and extremely helpful in his advice on the surrounding area.”
- “The cottage was so quiet and peaceful even though this is a working farm. From being woken up by the local wildlife to going to sleep listening to the farm animals, it was total heaven. Willy the owner is such a nice and helpful person in fact all of the people we met where really nice and helpful, they where always prepared to stop and have a chat or if you wanted they would always be available in the background leaving you to your own devices.”
- “The welcome and helpfulness of the owner was spot on, he gave us excellent info on The Granary. He was also very helpful on the local area and beyond. It was brilliant to see the working farm and have encouragement to go into the fields and see the animals. A brilliant place to chill out and spend time away!”
- “Couldn't fault it in any way. Relaxing, peaceful & friendly people”
- “Very peaceful and friendly hosts.”
- “Stunning scenery, sheep, lambs and calves in the fields. Good location for Lismore, Cobh, Cork and Waterford. Friendly welcome from the owner. Peace and quiet of the cottage, log fires and comfortable beds.”
About the location
LISMORE, COUNTY WATERFORD
Cappoquin 4 miles; Dungarvan 15 miles; Fermoy 17 miles; Cork 35 miles.
Lismore is a lively heritage town, boasting both an imposing castle with glorious Jacobean gardens, and a 17th century hilltop cathedral. Everything is on offer here from arts and crafts to live pub music, and a choice of recommended eateries, as well as a renowned golf course close by. Down on the spectacular coastline between Youghal and Dungarvan there are beaches, bays and cliff tops in abundance to explore. Visit the city of Waterford, home to the world famous exquisite crystal factory and offering a huge choice of shops, pubs and restaurants along its quays and backstreets. Enjoy golf, cycling, walking or riding, visit the area's castles, historic houses or spectacular gardens, or simply relax and enjoy the peace.