- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming former coach house situated behind the owner's Georgian home, just a five minute walk to the centre of the town of Bandon, County Cork. This delightful Bandon cottage provides a cosy getaway, ideal for couples looking to explore the beautiful county of Cork and the surrounding area and experience the local culture. With a well-appointed en-suite bedroom, a spacious sitting room with dining area and a fully fitted kitchen, this Bandon cottage offers a welcoming and homely feel with the original stonework a distinctive reminder of the cottage's character and history. Outside this Bandon cottage is an expansive lawned garden of approximately one acre, with mature trees creating a peaceful and idyllic setting for sunbathing or just relaxing with a good book or a loved one. The town of Bandon is a bustling and lively hub that still retains its sense of authenticity with many locally run shops, pubs and cafes all within easy walking distance. There are many festivals and events in the town throughout the year, or you may wish to visit the West Cork Heritage Centre, take a stroll along the picturesque river or enjoy the craic with the locals in one of the fine taverns. This Bandon cottage is the ideal location for exploring all that the surrounding area has to offer, with fine beaches at Kilbrittan, Garrettstown and Dunworly, as well as numerous striking coastlines that provide stunning backdrops for walkers and wildlife enthusiasts alike. Day trips within access include, the beautiful Garnish Island, Jameson Distillery, Titanic Experience in Cobh, Blarney Castle, Mizen Head, Sheep's Head Peninsula and Dingle, to name a few. The city of Cork is just a short distance away, making this Bandon cottage the perfect Irish self-catering holiday destination!
All ground floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, access to washer/dryer in laundry room on request, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books. Fuel and power inc. in rent Apr - Oct inclusive, €20 supplement payable directly to owner Nov - Mar inclusive. Starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Large lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 min walk.
- “What a wonderful place!”
- “Myself and my husband are about to leave tomorrow after spending the last week here. We were completely taken aback by this property. It's absolutely stunning. It's hidden away, and from the outside, you would never guess that there is a little piece of paradise behind the entrance gates. Bandon itself is great from a location point of view. It's a gateway to West Cork, making this property an ideal place to base yourself in, with good access to supermarkets, etc. What makes this property unique though, is that firstly, it has the most spectacular garden, secondly, it's beautifully designed, finished to a very high spec, and thirdly, it's well equipped. It even has a bar "attached" to the back garden, which is how you access the property. Do not let this deter you though, as it's an asset. You can pop in for a pint, but once you close the gates, you return you a peaceful and tranquil setting. It is also great value for money, if you compare to similar properties at the height of the season. That said, I'm not sure I could compare this place as in my opinion it's very special. As a rule, we tend not to return to the same place, purely because we like to discover new areas, but we might just make an exception in this case..”
- “Secluded retreat in a fantastic position for touring”
- “The cottage is exactly as pictured and described in other reviews. Our hosts were charming and helpful, suggesting places to visit in the extended area. Even though the cottage is quiet, it's within walking distance of the centre of Bandon, and is a marvellous centre for exploring the whole of West Cork and Kerry.”
- “I had a wonderful time, the cottage was lovely and the yard around it was wonderful as well. The owners were so friendly and helpful, I would go back any time!”
- “Had the peace and tranquillity that we were looking for in our holiday.”
- “Everthing was perfect, a very cosy house.”
- “The cottage was very well situated in the lovely little town of Bandon which was perfect for travelling around Southern Ireland.”
- “The cottage was really great, absolutely lovely location with private entrance, great garden and just a foot length away from local pub. Everything needed was available. Friendly and helpful host! Total recommendation!”
About the location
BANDON, COUNTY CORK
Cork City 19 miles.
Bandon is a small yet lively town situated on the picturesque River Bandon to the south west of Cork City. The town has sometimes been known as the “Gateway to West Cork”, which is well renowned as a beautiful part of Ireland. Bandon has a vast array of shops and pubs and features festivals and events throughout the year, including the Bandon Music Festival. The city of Cork is within easy reach, as is the rural beauty of the county’s countryside making this an ideal location for your Irish holiday.