- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Mallow 5 miles. This comfortable, traditional Mallow holiday home is a wing of the owner's own home, and is situated in a rural position, 5 miles from Mallow, County Cork. Nicely furnished and decorated to a good standard, this Mallow self-catering cottage boasts a cosy open fire, a spiral staircase, two bright bedrooms and some rural views, making it an ideal base for exploring this lovely area. This Mallow cottage is wonderful for nature lovers, and those who like to get out and about on an Irish cottage holiday. The famous Blarney Castle is close to this lovely holiday home, there is good access to Cork City for a cosmopolitan day out, while the Ballyhoura Mountains and Doneraile Park are great for walking, hiking and even mountain biking. A wonderful cottage base for a couple or small family.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire and patio doors to garden area. Note: Bedrooms are accessed via a steep spiral staircase - may not be suitable for elderly or infirm.
Oil central heating with open fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, selection of books. Oil and electricity included in rent Apr - Sept inclusive, €25 supplement payable to owner Oct - March inclusive. Starter pack for open fire inc. in rent all year. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 3 cars. Lawned garden with furniture, rural views and unfenced pond. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 10 mins walk. Note: Due to unfenced pond in garden, children must be supervised at all times. Note: Dogs must be kept under strict control due to surrounding farm animals. Note: There is an interconnecting door between the holiday accommodation and the owner's home, that will remain bolted shut.
- Last minute
- “Lovely location, friendly host, wonderful facilities, would definitely revisit, love the donkey, would recommend it to anybody,can't wait to go back”
- “Great service”
- “This self catering unit is definitely great for a young couple or three. The circular stairs as was advertised not suited to mature travellers. Beds a bit hard so host offered one of our party his spare bedroom in the main house, how is that for service.”
- “Perfect vacations”
- “A confortable place to visit the south ireland. My vacations were perfect.”
- “Again we had a very pleasant stay in Abbey Hill. We stayed there for the second time and it was like coming home.”
- “We liked every single thing about the holiday, and the accommodation. The owner was most welcoming, helpful, and friendly. We will book again when we go back to Ireland.”
About the location
MALLOW, COUNTY CORK
Blarney Castle Estate 17 miles; Cork 21 miles.
The market town of Mallow is the largest town along the stunning Blackwater Valley, and offers bars, restaurants, shops and a Spa House. The old Mallow castle is set in the middle of the town, with the new castle situated behind, with white fallow deer in the grounds. The area is a haven for walkers, fishermen, golfers and horse riders, and close by is the Folk Park in Boherbue, and the Doneraile Wildlife Park, both well worth exploring. The Blarney Stone, the town of Killarney, and Cork City are also essential to visit whilst staying in this area. With so much to see and do, this part of Ireland is superb at any time of year.