- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Goleen 4 miles. A superb detached house, completed to a high standard, located in Barleycove, 4 miles from the rural village of Goleen. Spacious and comfortable, this light and airy property offers a large kitchen/diner, four comfortable bedrooms (two with en-suite facilities) and large windows to make the most of the views over rolling countryside. The accommodation is ideal for a large family or group of friends to make the most of this popular part of County Cork. Just a mile from the sweeping sandy beach at Barleycove, this property is also in easy reach of the many activities the area offers, such as horse riding, golf, sailing, diving and angling. Goleen itself offers shops and pubs, while further afield the market town of Skibbereen boasts a colourful selection of shops, pubs and restaurants. An unforgettable holiday destination.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 2 x double, both with en-suite shower cubicle, basin and WC, 1 x double. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, stereo/CD player
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Large lawned garden with decked area and garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 minutes' walk
- Beach 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “This was a beautiful property in an outstanding location. The owners couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We had ample space for 6 adults, an active 2 year old toddler and 2 dogs. The fact we got mid summer weather in September was an added bonus.”
About the location
GOLEEN, COUNTY CORK
Barley Cove 4 miles; Schull 10 miles; Skibbereen 24 miles.
The small rural village of Goleen sits on the south-western tip of Ireland, in County Cork. The village offers four pubs, two shops, a petrol station and a fast food restaurant, helping to cater for the tourists who visit the village each year. Just four miles away is the large Blue Flag sandy beach at Barley Cove, while a little further on the visitor centre at Mizen Head is well worth a visit; in a spectacular setting with folded rocks and high cliffs, you can visit the Signal Station, set on an island accessed by an arched bridge, or shelter in the shop, café or exciting exhibitions. Activities in the area include golf, horse riding, walking, angling, sailing, diving, birdwatching and surfing, while further afield the market town of Skibbereen offers a variety of colourful shops, restaurants and pubs. This part of Cork really is the ideal holiday destination with a host of varied activities to appeal to everyone whatever their interests.