- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Allihies 5 miles. A spacious, detached cottage, situated in a stunning location looking out to sea, in a small hamlet 5 miles from Allihies, County Cork.
This Cork cottage has lovely, bright rooms, a large kitchen with dining area, and a comfy sitting room complete with open fire for cosy nights in.
French doors from the kitchen lead out to the garden, where you can enjoy the peaceful surroundings and delightful sea views as you unwind with a drink.
A Jacuzzi bath in the en-suite double bedroom means you can relax in style after a long day touring the area, and with so much to do close by, you'll be spoilt for choice.
There are a number of art galleries in the region as well as the Dzogchen Beara Retreat Centre.
Enjoy the fantastic scenery of the Beara Peninsula, spend long sunny days at the beach, go horse riding or walk the Ring of Beara, for an afternoon of energetic fun.
With so much to see and do, you'll want to return to this Cork cottage time and again.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with sea views and en-suite Jacuzzi bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x double with sky light, 1 x family room with double and single beds. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Additional ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 6) with French doors to patio. Sitting room (seats 6) with oak flooring and open fire.
- Electric heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD, radio, selection of books and DVDs
- Electricity charged via meter reading, starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles.
- “Fantastic stay, cant wait to return”
- “Beautiful cottage, very well appointed and clean. Views to the front of Coulagh Bay are stunning and the views to the back of the mountains are breath taking. The Murpheys couldn't be more welcoming and friendly. It is dog friendly and Glen the dog is a free spirit, welcoming you each day. The Urhan Inn is a 2 mile walk down a very quiet road. It is a local pub that wasn't at all put off by us visiting. O'Neils in Allihies serves up huge portions of tasty food. MacCarthys in Castletownbere is a must just to see a bacon slicer in a bar - honest! Sundays 6pm-9pm is open music night. Great fun. Felt it was a home from home and well worth the journey.”
- “Home from home”
- “Clean and spacious. Everything to hand and if not, owners would have provided it on request. Lovely views, good parking, nice garden and friendly owners and dogs. Always had a welcome from dogs on return each evening. Comfy beds. Owners were so ., helpful and on hand if a problem. Only downside was TV could have been bit more modern Good spot but no amenities within walking distance, but with a car no problem. If you enjoy walking then excellent location..”
- “Pet friendly comfortable cottage. Well worth the long drive to the area. Owners are very friendly and avaliable to help out at any time. The rooms are bright and airy and furnishings comfortable. The only downside would be the garden that is not totally secure but the road was very quiet and our little dog is well behaved as regards boundaries. When in the area visit Castletownbere for a brilliant evening meal at Jack Patrick's, excellent food and very good value, for the day The Copper Kettle is a must. A ride around the Bere pennisula is breathtaking, beautiful around every corner. Very much like the west coast of Scotland but few more people.”
- “Absolutely fantastic (again). The Cottage is marvellous, the view fantastic and this time the weather was grand.”
- “The cottage was fantastic, very well appointed and spotlessly clean. The owners were friendly and welcoming. The views from the patio and kitchen window made the whole stay very special.”
- “The open fire is a real seller in the winter months. Also the cottage is a great central place to do the Beara Penisula. A very relaxing and peaceful house.”
- “Amazing location with welcoming hosts.”
- “A perfect cottage in a perfect location, we are already looking to book in 2015. The owner was very helpful at all times. A truly stunning area of Ireland.”
About the location
ALLIHIES, COUNTY CORK
Castletown Bearhaven 7.5 miles.
The village of Allihies in County Cork, on the Western tip of the wild and rugged Beara peninsula, lies in a region of unspoiled natural beauty. Allihies overlooks beautiful Ballydonegan Bay, with its magnificent quartz strand, a direct result of the mining era. Each summer a festival is held in August (around the 15th), with horse racing, novelty events, and dancing in the Community Hall. The village lies on The Ring of Beara, a tourist trail of about 195 kilometres (121 miles) circumnavigating the peninsula. Attractions nearby include Dursey Island, which is linked to the mainland by a Cable Car and is the only such ride in Europe to cross over water. The island is also a recognised Bird Sanctuary, with numerous species, rare and otherwise, seen regularly. There are also many coastal and countryside walks and quaint villages to enjoy. A great location for exploring West Cork.