- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Macroom 4 miles. A pretty, detached cottage in an isolated location, 4 miles from the town of Macroom in County Cork. This Macroom cottage is a wonderful retreat, and makes a fantastic country getaway. There is an open fire in the sitting room, exposed beams, beautiful tiled floors and a vegetable garden, which guests are welcome to eat from. There are cosy and comfortable bedrooms, and a dining room with additional comfy seating, overlooking the garden, so you can sit back and relax, taking in the views of the pretty garden. The location of this Macroom cottage affords lovely countryside and distant mountain views, while the peace and quiet of the country is all encompassing. For great days out, the Fota Wildlife Park is within easy travelling distance from this Macroom cottage, as is Drumbeg Circle of standing stones, the village of Ballinhassig, with its museum of agriculture and open farms and Millstreet Country Park which offers walking trails, a deer farm, lovely gardens and outdoor games. If it's a countryside escape you're looking for, this Macroom cottage is the one for you!
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x double, 1 x family room with 3 single beds. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room (seats 4) with sitting area, full height ceiling and French doors to garden. Sitting room (seats 2) with open fire and dining area (seats 3).
Oil central heating with open fire. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV, DVD, CD/radio. All fuel and power inc. in rent Apr - Sept inclusive, first €25 included Oct - Mar inclusive, remainder charged via meter reading, payable direct to owner. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 4 cars. Front lawned garden with decked area, garden furniture and BBQ, field to rear with horses. Two well-behaved pets welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “Gear place”
- “The owner was great and friendly. Nice cottage and quiet surroundings. Easy to get around to where we were going.”
- “excellent property beautiful views”
- “Owner very friendly and approachable, home was better than the pictures on the website. Its a bit isolated nearest village is 3 miles away. Cannot find anything bad to say. All in all, well worth the money!”
- “A breathtaking view from a comfy cottage”
- “The owner was very helpful, providing maps and tips on places to visit. There was some fresh fruit, grown on site, in the fridge and an offer to help ourselves to more. There was also wood cut for the first fire, with lots more outside. The cottage was comfortable and provided everything we needed. The surrounding area was great for after supper walks with great views no matter which direction you looked. It wasn't very hard to find either. After the first drive out there, following the owner, we never got lost. The property would work well for anyone. And there was lots of outside space to enjoy in the yard for kids.”
- “Great place, enjoyed it greatly.”
About the location
MACROOM, COUNTY CORK
Cork 21 miles.
The small market town of Macroom nestles in the picturesque valley of the Sullane River and is dominated by the walls of Macroom Castle. This bustling town offers a choice of shops, restaurants and pubs, three hotels and still holds a twice weekly street market. One of Macroom's best kept secrets, Castle Demesne, is set amidst 100s of acres of mystical woodland, awash with secluded riverside walks and stunning, panoramic views of the town, while three miles from Macroom lie western Europe's only extensive remains of Alluvial Forest. Carrigaphooca Castle, stood on an outcrop of rock, high above the trees is worth a visit, while the fabulous cities of Cork and Killarney are within easy touring distance, as are the stunning beaches of West Cork.