- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A very spacious detached holiday home on the edge of the coastal village of Castletownshend, around 6 miles from Skibbereen in County Cork. This welcoming Castletownshend cottage makes a wonderful holiday base for families or friends, with en-suites, two sitting rooms and bright, spacious accommodation throughout. The kitchenof this Castletownshend cottage is well equipped and ideal for cooking up fresh local produce, while the roaring open fire in the sitting room makes it a toasty spot to relax on chilly evenings. Outside, the large lawned garden makes a safely enclosed space for children to play during warmer afternoons at this Castletownshend cottage. This cottage in Castletownshend is a great base for enjoying this lovely part of Cork, including the market town of Skibbereen, which offers shops, pubs and restaurants along with the West Cork Arts Centre. Dolphin and whale watching can be found in Kinsale, an easy drive from this Castletownshend cottage, with wonderful beaches on offer in Tragumna, and lovely coastal landscapes in Baltimore, Glandore and Schull. A spacious well-presented Castletownshend cottage for a year-round family break.
Four bedrooms: 1 x single, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x king-size doubles with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with well-equipped kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 6) with open fire. Second sitting room (seats 4) with TV.
- Electric heating with underfloor heating in living area and open fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, 2 x TVs with Free-to-air channels, DVD, CD/radio
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Although this property does not accept pets, the owner occasionally takes their own pet to the property, and therefore it may not be 100% free from pet traces.
About the location
CASTLETOWNSHEND, COUNTY CORK
Skibbereen 6 miles.
Castletownshend is a coastal village near Skibbereen in County Cork. The village is built up around the 17th century castle, with the quayside and harbour also attractive focal points of the village. There is an Egon Ronay restaurant, Mary Anne's, and a church with beautiful stained glass. A few miles down the road, the town of Skibbereen offers plenty of shops and restaurants, the West Cork Arts Centre and Skibbereen Heritage Centre. There is also a good golf course, and an indoor sports centre. A terrific base for enjoying this part of Cork.